When you were a kid...

pbotz

I would just like to say I think this is a really great post. Once we get older and life changes greatly due to so many life situations its easy to loose the love of Christmas and the holiday season. Now that I have a daughter I want to give her those great memories also so she can remember them when she becomes an adult. I have so many great memories of Christmas from my childhood, but now its easy to look at the Christmas season as a Hassel and extra stressful time of the year. We can all recollect the past memories and re-evaluate the now and try to enjoy Christmas for what it is.
As far as my childhood memories some of them are
baking Christmas cookies with my mom, decorating the tree and scoping out everyone's well decorated homes outside, sears wish book, and of course gifts and more gifts we would receive as kids.
Seeing family at gatherings was also a great memory.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would just like to say I think this is a really great post. Once we get older and life changes greatly due to so many life situations its easy to loose the love of Christmas and the holiday season. Now that I have a daughter I want to give her those great memories also so she can remember them when she becomes an adult. I have so many great memories of Christmas from my childhood, but now its easy to look at the Christmas season as a Hassel and extra stressful time of the year. We can all recollect the past memories and re-evaluate the now and try to enjoy Christmas for what it is.
As far as my childhood memories some of them are
baking Christmas cookies with my mom, decorating the tree and scoping out everyone's well decorated homes outside, sears wish book, and of course gifts and more gifts we would receive as kids.
Seeing family at gatherings was also a great memory.

I used to bake cookies when I worked outside of the home. I would take TONS of cookies to co-workers and friends. It was just what I did. Now I work from home and don't know that many people here in FL it isn't as much fun.

Bake cookies with your daughter she won't forget it.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sleeping in my older sister's room and not wanting to fall asleep for fear of missing out on hearing Santa and his reindeer on the roof. We used to set a bunch of alarm clocks because we knew we'd eventually fall asleep and our parents would turn them off in hopes of getting a few more hours of sleep. We got to open one present on Christmas Eve after church. It saddens me that my kids aren't more like that. Never were so excited for Christmas they'd get us up at the crack of dawn to open presents. Normally I'd have to wake them up because I couldn't stand the wait any longer.

Mom playing her Christmas 33 1/3 RPM records on the old Victrola Mono. Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Bing Crosby, A Music Box Christmas...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
cookies & pies... I loved baking them with my mom and grandma and of course, eating them.

We made all sorts of cookies & pies... my favorite was anything with pecans in it.

That's the one! My mom baked and baked and baked..we were buried in homemade candy, pies, cookies..you name it. Had no money to speak of..but my goodness we ate well. The farm was almost entirely self sufficient year around..but at Christmas..oh my. And at 84, Mom still turns out a lot of goodies, including a pecan pie to die for.