Where Does Tri-County Send Them?

KWAK

Halfangel, did you find the puggle??

just curious.....

:howdy:

Not yet. . . I would like to have spent my day looking, but I had a party at school followed by an event I planned at my moms store so time was not on my side today! I made a few calls but go nowhere. Once I get the kiddies all down for the count I will re-check all the online sites and see if I can find out who's open on weekends. I will follow up *when* I find him though! :)

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
It was my understanding that he did go to a Pug Breed Rescue. But I've been wrong before..... The shelter will not send someone on a wild goose chase if the animal has been euthanized. The shelter will not adopt out bully breeds to the public nor mastiffs, if rescue doesn't pull these breeds they will be euthanized. The shelter is also extremely FULL right now as they are holding approx 21 dogs for a court case. Unfortunately this is putting a strain on rescues as most of us are full (if we had more foster homes more dogs/cats could be saved). It also doesn't help that the Charles County Humane Society sends about 3 vans full of animals PER WEEK to TriCounty, even though THEY have open cages and could easily adopt most of these animals out. Instead they send them to TriCounty which means more dogs and cats WILL BE KILLED.

In other words, if you, John Q Public takes YOUR own dog or cat to the Humane Society of Charles County, they will tell you they will try to find it a home... READ what you sign it says the animal may be sent to TriCounty Animal Shelter (which is a kill shelter) and since it's YOUR dog, an owner surrender - if there is NO SPACE available, your dog or cat could die on the same day that you "thought" the nice lady promised to find it a home....

DQ2B

It was my understanding that he did go to a Pug Breed Rescue. But I've been wrong before..... The shelter will not send someone on a wild goose chase if the animal has been euthanized. The shelter will not adopt out bully breeds to the public nor mastiffs, if rescue doesn't pull these breeds they will be euthanized. The shelter is also extremely FULL right now as they are holding approx 21 dogs for a court case. Unfortunately this is putting a strain on rescues as most of us are full (if we had more foster homes more dogs/cats could be saved). It also doesn't help that the Charles County Humane Society sends about 3 vans full of animals PER WEEK to TriCounty, even though THEY have open cages and could easily adopt most of these animals out. Instead they send them to TriCounty which means more dogs and cats WILL BE KILLED.

In other words, if you, John Q Public takes YOUR own dog or cat to the Humane Society of Charles County, they will tell you they will try to find it a home... READ what you sign it says the animal may be sent to TriCounty Animal Shelter (which is a kill shelter) and since it's YOUR dog, an owner surrender - if there is NO SPACE available, your dog or cat could die on the same day that you "thought" the nice lady promised to find it a home....

I still have seen no answer as to why they didn't tell the OP where they could find the dog if it wasn't pts?

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I still have seen no answer as to why they didn't tell the OP where they could find the dog if it wasn't pts?

It's something about privacy. Although I'm surprised they didn't take her information to pass on to the rescue, they have done that in the past. They won't even tell another rescue which rescue wound up taking a certain animal. Not sure I understand, but that's just how it is. The past few years have found most of the rescues working closer together so we sometimes know who is taking certain animals. But for this particular dog, I really don't know.

KWAK

I have called tri-county 3 separate times, and all times I was assured that my information was passed along. I did ask if he was put down, or if they would even tell me that, and they did tell me that they would let me know if that was the case. He hasn't shown up on petfinder yet - but I've used that as one resource for calling and e-mailing rescues in the area (tri county did say he was close). Still no luck in finding him - though I did have one rescue e-mail me back and tell me that they would try and get the information on where he was sent for me. That was on Sunday and I haven't heard back. . . I'm assuming they wouldn't let that rescue know either!

I agree with others, that I don't understand what privacy could be invaded by giving an animal a home?? Unless, there is something to hide about where animals are sent.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Sometimes, especially if it's a breed rescue group, they may have already had a pre-approved adopter, so they pull the dog and it almost goes directly to it's new home. I agree that every email we get should be replied to, but that's not always possible (some days I get over 50+ of animals getting ready to be killed, emails from previous adopters, new applications, etc.) and quite honestly some emails do get overlooked.

As far as not releasing where the dog may have gone is probably intended to protect the rescue from: surrendering owner, determined to get dog back (rescues are usually home based foster care and we don't have the security the shelter does), potential adopter that was turned down by the shelter but may be determined to find the dog at all costs....

KWAK

Sometimes, especially if it's a breed rescue group, they may have already had a pre-approved adopter, so they pull the dog and it almost goes directly to it's new home. I agree that every email we get should be replied to, but that's not always possible (some days I get over 50+ of animals getting ready to be killed, emails from previous adopters, new applications, etc.) and quite honestly some emails do get overlooked.

As far as not releasing where the dog may have gone is probably intended to protect the rescue from: surrendering owner, determined to get dog back (rescues are usually home based foster care and we don't have the security the shelter does), potential adopter that was turned down by the shelter but may be determined to find the dog at all costs....

Thanks for that - I never thought that way! I guess because I am none of the above! At this point, I'm just convinced that Buster wasn't meant to be, though I hope he's being loved & adored wherever he's at! We will just keep looking to find the right pup to rescue that was meant to be ours.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Thanks for that - I never thought that way! I guess because I am none of the above! At this point, I'm just convinced that Buster wasn't meant to be, though I hope he's being loved & adored wherever he's at! We will just keep looking to find the right pup to rescue that was meant to be ours.

Most "good" people don't think that way and it still surprises me sometimes how "others" think!

Yes, be patient, the right one will most likely find YOU~

becos

Buster

Could this be the same dog you're looking for:
Pet Finder
Buster
Pet ID: 66136
Pug/Beagle Mix: An adoptable dog in Baltimore, MD
Primary Color: Brown
Secondary Color: Tan
Weight: 36.0
Animal has been Neutered

KWAK

Could this be the same dog you're looking for:
Pet Finder
Buster
Pet ID: 66136
Pug/Beagle Mix: An adoptable dog in Baltimore, MD
Primary Color: Brown
Secondary Color: Tan
Weight: 36.0
Animal has been Neutered

OMG - You found him!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Contacting then NOW!!

ladyhawk

In my case because he's 1/2 pitbull and they don't adopt out pitbulls at all. If a rescue doesn't pull them they are pts.

Is he the one on the left? That looks like it could be a pit but the other clearly looks more like a boxer and some people aren't educated enough to know or see the difference..

I don't understand why Tri-County would hold back information if they are truly working for the animals... Is it possible they get more funding based on the animals they end up putting to sleep? If so, this is totally backwards... I'm sure they don't run on donations alone...

June

ladyhawk

OMG - You found him!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Contacting then NOW!!

This is GREAT! Kudos to Becos!
And I hope you are able to bring him home soon!

June

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Is he the one on the left? That looks like it could be a pit but the other clearly looks more like a boxer and some people aren't educated enough to know or see the difference..

I don't understand why Tri-County would hold back information if they are truly working for the animals... Is it possible they get more funding based on the animals they end up putting to sleep? If so, this is totally backwards... I'm sure they don't run on donations alone...

June

The one on the left is a pit, she is my doggie soulmate. The boxer/pit mix is on the right and unless I was told he was half and half I'd have been none the wiser and just thought he was a poorly bred boxer (I'd have suspected some pit in there but without direct knowledge it would have just been a guess). Double edged sword, he was doomed at tri-county because he's half pit, and an owner surrender but sight unseen had a place in my heart because he's half pit so we jumped through a million hoops to get him.

ladyhawk

The one on the left is a pit, she is my doggie soulmate. The boxer/pit mix is on the right and unless I was told he was half and half I'd have been none the wiser and just thought he was a poorly bred boxer (I'd have suspected some pit in there but without direct knowledge it would have just been a guess). Double edged sword, he was doomed at tri-county because he's half pit, and an owner surrender but sight unseen had a place in my heart because he's half pit so we jumped through a million hoops to get him.

I will never understand the ignorance of others when it comes to dog breeds... My daughter had a cat that was worse than any dog I have ever owned...

I almost made the mistake of putting my own dog down a couple of times because I doubted my own abilities to rehabilitate him. Its only because of a veterinarian I had that he is still with me, She had a lot more faith in my abilities as a handler/trainer than I did!

Now that we live in a more rural area and my kids are grown, I have thought about adopting an "unadoptable" next. Just not sure I'm ready to take that step because It wouldn't be fair to the dog if I failed...

June