Where to take out-of-state visitors?

Caution

I'm looking through what's here Community/Tourism - Southern Maryland Online

But I'd also like to get some individuals' recommendations of places to go. All suggestions -- historic, flea-market-type places, restaurants, whatever -- are welcome. We're in Charles but don't mind driving.

Thanks very much.

Bertha

The Dandy

Took my Ex Wife's folks on this dinner cruise up the Potomac and back some time ago. Was a wonderful evening.

Boat left while the sun was still shining on DC heading North. Around dusk it turns around and you get to see all the monuments and such lit up at night.

Dandy Dinner Boat - Restaurant Cruises - Nina's Dandy

tuffenuff2

My Dad loved Fredericksburg. Lots of civil war stuff and a nice main street to walk down. We also hauled him to the air Udvar Hazy air and space museum and Antietam. He loved both. Long drive though. We also used to take guests to the post office tower in Dc. A true hidden gem but don't know if it's open anymore since Trump bought it. Flagponds is a great place for finding shark's teeth and a nice nature walk- beach.

SoMdDude

For restaurants, The National Harbor Experience DC Waterfront at National Harbor | National Harbor, I prefer it over the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, plus Baltimore is gross overall. Yes a little pricey but each place is worth it... Graces Mandarin is very good on the chinese side of things and the view from the upstairs dining room area is great looking out over the water, lots of stuff to look at and see

bcp

In My Opinion
I would take them out of state, and not anywhere near the crime infested pits that surround DC.
unless you really just hate these visitors.

Bertha.Venation

For restaurants, The National Harbor Experience DC Waterfront at National Harbor | National Harbor, I prefer it over the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, plus Baltimore is gross overall. Yes a little pricey but each place is worth it... Graces Mandarin is very good on the chinese side of things and the view from the upstairs dining room area is great looking out over the water, lots of stuff to look at and see

Excellent. That sounds great; I hadn't even thought of the Nat'l Harbor. Thanks for picking out our restaurant, too. :)

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
on a serious note.... they should be arriving close to Fall Colors....

head out to Skyline Drive!!!