Where were the st. Mary's county snow trucks?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I think it's worse. It creates this fine salt dust that makes it into hollow spaces and frame rails to melt the car from the inside.

I was wondering why the SHA treated the roads this past Friday when there was no precip forcast at the time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think it's worse. It creates this fine salt dust that makes it into hollow spaces and frame rails to melt the car from the inside.

My guy is from MASS and brought his truck down. It is ate up with rust. Most of the cars up there are.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was wondering why the SHA treated the roads this past Friday when there was no precip forcast at the time.

I was not a happy camper....beautiful sunny day and not a cloud in the sky and those fools are spraying the roads. Got it all over my truck and no way to rinse it off; water hose all frozen up. :mad:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was not a happy camper....beautiful sunny day and not a cloud in the sky and those fools are spraying the roads. Got it all over my truck and no way to rinse it off; water hose all frozen up. :mad:

Oh, I know. Was just surprised going home Friday seeing that all the state roads had been treated. Yet, there was no forecast of precipitation.

They must have put down a lot of brine. I could still see the lines on the road last night when I was driving in.

Wonder if you could bill the state for a car wash, kinda like if they got paint on your car. Recoup the cost of cleaning.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wonder if you could bill the state for a car wash, kinda like if they got paint on your car. Recoup the cost of cleaning.

Fat chance, would be my guess. As soon as it warms up enough, I'll spray wash the entire undercarriage and body and then, after it dries, fill a garden sprayer with WD-40 and soak the heck out of everything on the underside of the truck. It's how I've made it survive this long in spite of road salt. It's 40 years old this month.

Fat chance, would be my guess. As soon as it warms up enough, I'll spray wash the entire undercarriage and body and then, after it dries, fill a garden sprayer with WD-40 and soak the heck out of everything on the underside of the truck. It's how I've made it survive this long in spite of road salt. It's 40 years old this month.

I take mine to the car wash and use the under-carriage wash.

No. :lol:

There was a conversation last week or so about touchless car washes in the area and it was named. I need to baby my new ride! :cool:

I found the touchless just doesn't do the job. I've used the full wash at Cheseldyne (sp?) for years on my new vehicles and it never left a mark or scratch. And they vacuum and do windows too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I found the touchless just doesn't do the job. I've used the full wash at Cheseldyne (sp?) for years on my new vehicles and it never left a mark or scratch. And they vacuum and do windows too.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

PeoplesElbow

I took my car to the touchless wash between Walmart and Chancellors run a couple weeks ago, the wash itself did a really good job, but I have some mega wax on it. The undercarriage wash, I am not really sure but by the time i got home and checked the bottom of my car was dry.

Shifting topics, the mound of salt left in front of my house a couple weeks ago when they "salted" has worked as the road in front of my house has a bare spot where the salt was.