Which is better

T

tiny_dancer33

Hmm, depends what you're looking to get out of it, I think. If you want an entertainment system more than a gaming console, go with the PS3, Blu-Ray is the way of the future now and the graphics really are awesome. However, I think there are way more XBox exclusive arguments for the 360 the PS3; more of your critically acclaimed games are going to be 360 games or cross-platform anyway. Heck, even the Final Fantasies you can get for DS. :shrug: I'd go with the 360, but that's what I'm used to. I'm also not a huge fan of Sixaxis motion control, but again, to each their own.

Joebagel

People keep saying the main difference between the two systems is the exclussive games. Can anyone list some of the popular games which are system exclusive? Also will madden be on both systems again?

T

tiny_dancer33

Can anyone list some of the popular games which are system exclusive?

Some of my 360 favorites are Oblivion, Bioshock (I think they're releasing it for PS3 maybe next year, but at the moment it's just 360), Mass Effect, the Halo Series, KotOR (just for laughs). PS3 exclusives from the past year or so would be Lair, Heavenly Sword, of course Metal Gear Solid 4 (also rumored to be released on 360?)...can someone help me out, I'm not as familiar with PS3.

And then there's Assassin's Creed, which is on both consoles but I prefer the 360's motion control system over the PS3's to play AC because it has a complicated system anyway (if you've played the game) and I don't really like Sixaxis for it. But that's just my preference.

I'm sure Madden will be on both, I don't really play sports games though so I'm not sure.

Peter Forsberg

People keep saying the main difference between the two systems is the exclussive games. Can anyone list some of the popular games which are system exclusive? Also will madden be on both systems again?
Yes Madden will be on both. Gears of War 1 and 2 are both Xbox360 exclusive. Gears of War 2 doesn't come out til Nov.

Peter Forsberg

Some of my 360 favorites are Oblivion, Bioshock (I think they're releasing it for PS3 maybe next year, but at the moment it's just 360), Mass Effect, the Halo Series, KotOR (just for laughs). PS3 exclusives from the past year or so would be Lair, Heavenly Sword, of course Metal Gear Solid 4 (also rumored to be released on 360?)...can someone help me out, I'm not as familiar with PS3.

And then there's Assassin's Creed, which is on both consoles but I prefer the 360's motion control system over the PS3's to play AC because it has a complicated system anyway (if you've played the game) and I don't really like Sixaxis for it. But that's just my preference.

I'm sure Madden will be on both, I don't really play sports games though so I'm not sure.
Other Ps3 exclusives are Haze and Resitenace Fall of Men 1 and 2. I prefer 360 because the Xbox live is alot better the PSN.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's what my son wants for Christmas. A PS3, but if they can't play PS2 games on them, I told him to forget it and get an xbox360. But since they can play the PS2 games on them, he gets a PS3.
Clarification everyone...

...you cannot play PS2 games on the PS3 40 GB. However, they will be re-introducing the 60 GB and perhaps the 80 GB later this month and both will include the capability to play PS2 games.

Snock

Unregistered User
I dont see why people look at graphics first when comparing systems.

We've got to the point in modern gaming that no matter what system you buy, the graphics are going to be really, really, good.

I have an Xbox 360 and I like it a lot, theres a ton of good games for it, too. Although, I am pretty jealous of PS3 owners for being able to play MGS4 :cussing:

The only problem I have with my 360 is that I get halfway through the single player of a new game, then start playing COD4 online and cant stop again :ohwell:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Well, I went ahead and bought the Xbox360 last night. I have to say, I like it. I bought Madden 09 with it and ended up playing that game till 2 in the morning. I also got the game Condemned. I haven't tried that game yet but I heard it was pretty good. I am very happy with the system and thanks everyone for the input. I can't wait to try out the live stuff.