Who vapes?

stgislander

PREMO Member
The workers at the shipyard in Pascagoula vaped like crazy. It was because they could take a puff and continue working. Those that actually smoked cigarettes had to take a break, go out on deck, and smoke an entire cigarette. Plus as a non-smoker, smelling blueberries or some other fruit was much nicer than cigarette smoke.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It must be one hell of a struggle to quit....

I think a lot of it is personality-driven. I've known a number of people who just quit one day after years of heavy smoking - decided they didn't want to smoke anymore and that was that. But I've also known people who acted like they were having a breakdown for months and used it as an excuse to be mental.

I don't think nicotine is addictive so much as certain people have addictive personalities.

black dog

Free America
I think a lot of it is personality-driven. I've known a number of people who just quit one day after years of heavy smoking - decided they didn't want to smoke anymore and that was that. But I've also known people who acted like they were having a breakdown for months and used it as an excuse to be mental.

I don't think nicotine is addictive so much as certain people have addictive personalities.

Yep,,,,,,, Also look at the MONEY thats been and being made with all the smoking cessation products on the market.......
My bestie quit smoking LOL a few years ago with vaping... now she has a glass dick in her mouth instead of a cigg...
Her plan still is to cut back on the nicotine each month. LOL
She just traded one for another...

black dog

Free America
I had a doctor last year tell me I smelled like a Marlboro. I said "No, it's Maverick Menthol".

I smoked menthol when I smoked, Kools, Newports and then Salem lites for the last 10 or so years..... I still love the smell of tobacco, until its lit on fire.....

WheezyCarl

When I quit smoking, I realized that I had to change my daily routine if I was going to succeed. I stayed indoors and drank my morning coffee vs. outside on the patio. I carried a bottle of water and sipped while in traffic instead of puffing. I won't say that it was easy, but this strategy helped me to quit. Been smoke free for a year and a half, I wish you the best. You can do this!!!!!!

mitzi

I smoked menthol when I smoked, Kools, Newports and then Salem lites for the last 10 or so years..... I still love the smell of tobacco, until its lit on fire.....

I love the smell too except when it's stinky, stale. I started with Kools too, many moons ago.

nutz

I need some tips on this thing. Obviously, I can't inhale on this like you do a cigarette because I keep choking. Please help me! I have to give up these stinky smokes. And please, no comments on how you quit cold turkey and how easy it was. I've heard it all before and I can't do it. The same with the patches, lozenges, Chantex, Wellbutrin, all of it. I've failed every time.
No tips or tricks just good wishes for your success. It is very tough to quit, glad I did every time I see the price tag. One of my buddies still does 3 packs a day. :faint:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
In reply to the OP, most of my experience with vaping is with a small mod. It has a vent on the side that is adjusted by twisting the ring around the bottom of the tank. This adjusts the mixture just like an internal combustion engine's carburetor. This adjusts the strength, somewhat. You didn't specify, so I don't know if you have this option. My outfit ran about $100 and seems very well made. In fact, I think with my birthday coming up, I will give it another try. I originally bought it to get me through the week of recovery after dental surgery.

Anyhow, good luck mitzi!

mitzi

In reply to the OP, most of my experience with vaping is with a small mod. It has a vent on the side that is adjusted by twisting the ring around the bottom of the tank. This adjusts the mixture just like an internal combustion engine's carburetor. This adjusts the strength, somewhat. You didn't specify, so I don't know if you have this option. My outfit ran about $100 and seems very well made. In fact, I think with my birthday coming up, I will give it another try. I originally bought it to get me through the week of recovery after dental surgery.

Anyhow, good luck mitzi!

Mine has a display and buttons to adjust the wattage. It seems to be a nice one and I really like the display. I think it was set too high yesterday, it was just too much. Today has been much better and I'm learning to not inhale like it's a cigarette. I've watched a few Vaping for Beginners videos too. They really should have better instructions that come with these things. I appreciate the responses here, I think I'll have this down soon.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I smoked the first 15 years of my life. All of it 2nd hand. If you were around in the 1960s, I'm sure you can relate.

What does second hand smoke have to do with someone that smokes, who is trying to quit? Just wondering. We all dealt with it when it was allowed in public places. I am glad that the law was passed to stop it. People that want to smoke can go outside, and pollute the air.

Last edited: