Who vapes?

mitzi

Yeah what's up with that - never have understood it.

Hell if I know.

How ya feeling today? I'm great in the morning, come lunch time I'm ready to curl up in a fetal position and stay there. I should probably watch the Hen's Club national anthem (Cluck You) that should wake me up a little.

It's better today, I think it could have been allergies causing it. I slept like a log last night. I hope you feel better.
Watch that anthem, it should cheer you up ;)

Lump

I have tried a few times, successfully to quit smoking, but then I gain weight and it does me in. Not even extra snacking, just put the cigarette out and poof, 10 pounds.

At the moment I have cut back to not smoking at work, but I will still have a few in the evening at home. I was kind of hoping that the January cold weather would make me want to stay inside and not smoke. Some how Mother Nature screwed that part up.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck to all!!!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have tried a few times, successfully to quit smoking, but then I gain weight and it does me in. Not even extra snacking, just put the cigarette out and poof, 10 pounds.

At the moment I have cut back to not smoking at work, but I will still have a few in the evening at home. I was kind of hoping that the January cold weather would make me want to stay inside and not smoke. Some how Mother Nature screwed that part up.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck to all!!!

I forced myself to start an exercise routine when I quit smoking. I got a bicycle and rode a certain route in my neighborhood, which ended up being 7 miiles. I did that everyday. Whatever works for you. Even just walking 30 mins 2 times a day would help.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I need some tips on this thing. Obviously, I can't inhale on this like you do a cigarette because I keep choking. Please help me! I have to give up these stinky smokes. And please, no comments on how you quit cold turkey and how easy it was. I've heard it all before and I can't do it. The same with the patches, lozenges, Chantex, Wellbutrin, all of it. I've failed every time.
So you hanging in there? I vape, going on 6 yrs now and had quit cigs before then but felt the urge coming on at times and decided to try vaping. There are a lot of different opinions on what is best or how to go about it. I read like a mofo online and I've ended up making my own juice. There's nothing wrong with commercial stuff but you never know what's in it and you can control how much or how little nicotine you want. My advice would be get a clearomizer (tank) and see what suites you best. I started out with the loaded filters and that wasn't very good, some were better than others but every now and then I'd get a bad one that would totally ruin me for a while.

Any how I wish you luck and hope you find something you're comfortable with, I use an Iclear 16 which is a small tank and a Itaste Pro set on 6W. When it comes to not working right I just change the element.

mitzi

So you hanging in there? I vape, going on 6 yrs now and had quit cigs before then but felt the urge coming on at times and decided to try vaping. There are a lot of different opinions on what is best or how to go about it. I read like a mofo online and I've ended up making my own juice. There's nothing wrong with commercial stuff but you never know what's in it and you can control how much or how little nicotine you want. My advice would be get a clearomizer (tank) and see what suites you best. I started out with the loaded filters and that wasn't very good, some were better than others but every now and then I'd get a bad one that would totally ruin me for a while.

Any how I wish you luck and hope you find something you're comfortable with, I use an Iclear 16 which is a small tank and a Itaste Pro set on 6W. When it comes to not working right I just change the element.

I've finally got the hang of how to puff on it. So far, so good, I'm on day 11.

Lump

I forced myself to start an exercise routine when I quit smoking. I got a bicycle and rode a certain route in my neighborhood, which ended up being 7 miiles. I did that everyday. Whatever works for you. Even just walking 30 mins 2 times a day would help.
I know, but I still tend to gain 5-10 lbs anyway. And if I start smoking again for about a month, it drops right off. That's what makes it too easy to start back up. I will keep attempting to stop!

mitzi

This is the one I have. I've come to really like it. It comes with 2 tanks.

Attachments

• 80813412_534257310514559_530011333832212480_n.jpg
    80813412_534257310514559_530011333832212480_n.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 102

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
This is the one I have. I've come to really like it. It comes with 2 tanks.

Yep, I'd use the tanks and not use it as a dripper. My coils are 2.1 ohm and I run 6w, anything higher just doesn't taste right after a couple hits. Right now I'm using 8mg juice and I've used lower but find it in my hands more often when I lower the nicotine. I'll end up quitting all together at some point but it doesn't seem to affect anything I do and my Dr has no issue with it.

Wish you luck and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. fasttech.com is a great place to order anything you might need, they're a Chinese company oversees but I've never had an issue with ordering and it's where a lot of the US companies get their supplies.

mitzi

Yep, I'd use the tanks and not use it as a dripper. My coils are 2.1 ohm and I run 6w, anything higher just doesn't taste right after a couple hits. Right now I'm using 8mg juice and I've used lower but find it in my hands more often when I lower the nicotine. I'll end up quitting all together at some point but it doesn't seem to affect anything I do and my Dr has no issue with it.

Wish you luck and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them. fasttech.com is a great place to order anything you might need, they're a Chinese company oversees but I've never had an issue with ordering and it's where a lot of the US companies get their supplies.

The opms, etc. confuses me. I've read about and still don't understand. Videos confused me more. They start rambling numbers out and I'm lost.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The opms, etc. confuses me. I've read about and still don't understand. Videos confused me more. They start rambling numbers out and I'm lost.
Dearest mitzi,
Please disregard ANY praise I gave to Optimal Vapor in Leonardtown Center. I popped in to grab some juice, because I want to kick cigs by 💘 Day. Aggressive plan yes, but a very important interview coming up.
:yahoo:
Walk in and Doeboy with a fivehead mumbles some incoherent slogan or some crap and asks me what he can do for me (I THINK). I told him I had purchased a mod from them shortly after they opened and had purchased a tobacco and a mint home brew in 12mg and 8mg respectively. Not nic salts, but regular juice. He had not one clue on what to say, so he proceeds to impress himself, I will assume because we were the only 2 people in the store, with a sales pitch for the latest/greatest. Mind you, I'm on a tight schedule to get Mommy Dearest her new pneumonia prescription, and Doeboy tells me if I mixed the 2 juices equally I would have ended up with 9mg juice. Okay, not EVER buying anything in here again. That's when I was distracted by their newly added, for me anyway, selection of glass pipes and water bongs in the next display case. So dearest mitzi, my advice to you is that if you ever decide to patronize their business and don't know the exact brand, size, color, flavor, and strength you want to purchase, make sure you go in there before "tea" time. I think ol' Doeboy had just come back from a "smoke" break. YMMV

mitzi

Dearest mitzi,
Please disregard ANY praise I gave to Optimal Vapor in Leonardtown Center. I popped in to grab some juice, because I want to kick cigs by 💘 Day. Aggressive plan yes, but a very important interview coming up.
:yahoo:
Walk in and Doeboy with a fivehead mumbles some incoherent slogan or some crap and asks me what he can do for me (I THINK). I told him I had purchased a mod from them shortly after they opened and had purchased a tobacco and a mint home brew in 12mg and 8mg respectively. Not nic salts, but regular juice. He had not one clue on what to say, so he proceeds to impress himself, I will assume because we were the only 2 people in the store, with a sales pitch for the latest/greatest. Mind you, I'm on a tight schedule to get Mommy Dearest her new pneumonia prescription, and Doeboy tells me if I mixed the 2 juices equally I would have ended up with 9mg juice. Okay, not EVER buying anything in here again. That's when I was distracted by their newly added, for me anyway, selection of glass pipes and water bongs in the next display case. So dearest mitzi, my advice to you is that if you ever decide to patronize their business and don't know the exact brand, size, color, flavor, and strength you want to purchase, make sure you go in there before "tea" time. I think ol' Doeboy had just come back from a "smoke" break. YMMV

Twice I went in there and they didn't have any 12 mg. I ended up with a tobacco and mint one that tasted like sh*t in 6 mg only because I was out. They never have anything in stock that I want and the clerks are of no help. I won't give them any money of mine. It may be out of your way, but try Vape Jungle in Lexington Park and have good hours. They're by the Well Pet Clinic. Huge variety and good service. They even carry a nicotine additive which would be a joke at Optimal Vape. I don't know how they stay in business, all I hear is complaints about them. I bought the additive to add to the crappy juice I got at Optimal Vape.
What is the difference with the nic salts? I've never tried it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Twice I went in there and they didn't have any 12 mg. I ended up with a tobacco and mint one that tasted like sh*t in 6 mg only because I was out. They never have anything in stock that I want and the clerks are of no help. I won't give them any money of mine. It may be out of your way, but try Vape Jungle in Lexington Park and have good hours. They're by the Well Pet Clinic. Huge variety and good service. They even carry a nicotine additive which would be a joke at Optimal Vape. I don't know how they stay in business, all I hear is complaints about them. I bought the additive to add to the crappy juice I got at Optimal Vape.
What is the difference with the nic salts? I've never tried it.
I didn't look into the nic salts, but it's something to do with different wattage/resistance of the coils, the nic content. I specified non salt juice. I spent over $100 on the little mod I bought and it's like new. I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to some mid-shift fry cook reject pontificate on the virtues of Himalayan bubblegum/grape/cognac Overture Banyan juice when he can't figure out (12+8)/2 and get 10! Christ Almighty I wanted to smack him! Wasted 10 minutes of my life and raised my systolic pressure 20 points! /rant

mitzi

I didn't look into the nic salts, but it's something to do with different wattage/resistance of the coils, the nic content. I specified non salt juice. I spent over $100 on the little mod I bought and it's like new. I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to some mid-shift fry cook reject pontificate on the virtues of Himalayan bubblegum/grape/cognac Overture Banyan juice when he can't figure out (12+8)/2 and get 10! Christ Almighty I wanted to smack him! Wasted 10 minutes of my life and raised my systolic pressure 20 points! /rant

So did you buy anything? Seriously, go to Vape Jungle. It's worth the drive. They know their products and don't try to sell you what you don't want. I got a good one last week. 12 mg menthol/mint. It's called Just Juice Chill. It has a strong minty taste and pretty smooth. I figured out the crap I got at Optimal Vape was what had me choking and coughing. It's hard quitting. I've been around a month now with the vape and I still have strong cravings for a real cigarette. For whatever reason, today was really hard.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So did you buy anything? Seriously, go to Vape Jungle. It's worth the drive. They know their products and don't try to sell you what you don't want. I got a good one last week. 12 mg menthol/mint. It's called Just Juice Chill. It has a strong minty taste and pretty smooth. I figured out the crap I got at Optimal Vape was what had me choking and coughing. It's hard quitting. I've been around a month now with the vape and I still have strong cravings for a real cigarette. For whatever reason, today was really hard.
I work up in Charlotte Hall. There's a couple shops I'll check out. You know, every time I interface with someone like Doeboy, I thank the Lord that I have an high IQ and dominant genes.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I know what you mean.
I visited Bayside Vapes in Solomons and have found THE guy I'm going to deal with the rest of my life. Funny, I asked my son the other night where he recommended I get juice. He steered me towards Bayside. My son knows I have a low threshold for stupid.

I walked in and showed my cigs and told him I smoked them. I don't like wasting money, so I don't butt a cig out halfway through. I handed him my mod and he proceeded to disassemble and clean it right there! He loaded a new coil and primed it. He showed me step by step how to do everything involved. He started me on 12mg Icy Cool Menthol to get reacquainted with vaping. I'm going back in this afternoon to add tobacco flavoring and maybe boost to 16mg.

Top notch service from a very knowledgeable gray haired guy, with a good inventory. My mod is an old odd ball, but he had the coils on hand. He doesn't push you to upgrade, but gives his opinion of your setup. His service is worth the trip, and I've got a business venture starting just down the street, so he's got a customer for life.

I hope you find a setup and juice to meet your needs. I think his knowledge/service is going to make this transition easier than I ever imagined. I could've put this in a PM, but want to acknowledge this business in hopes that others will patronize it. The guy is good people. :yay: