Who wants a kitten?

Somehow there are 3 kittens in my bathroom. Not sure when Huntr caught the 3rd, but knowing him, he got it last night and "told" me about it after I was asleep.
You sat up when I came in the bedroom at 11:15. Pet the kitten, talked to the kitten and then I put him in the bathroom. :rolleyes:

We have 2 tuxedo kittens (black bodies, white on the face, chest and paws. 1 black and white patches kitten.

None of the 3 have tried to bite or scratch me. Patches was hissing at me in the trap, but was calm once I grabbed him.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Feral Cat Rescue: 301-481-0171 or 301-475-5059

Friends of Felines: (410) 414-2122

I volunteer with PAWs and I have 5 kittens and I believe our other fosters are full but I will check and see if maybe we can accommodate these little guys.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
You sat up when I came in the bedroom at 11:15.

Like I said, I was asleep.

Pet the kitten, talked to the kitten and then I put him in the bathroom. :rolleyes:
Completely irrelevant given that I went to bed at 9:30 and was sound asleep by 10. What I do at 11:15 doesn't change the fact that I was asleep.

Dymphna

Speaking of fishing, I hear kittens make good shark bait. Think there are any in the Patuxent?
:nono: don't start. I don't want this thread cluttered up with outraged animal lovers who only want to scream at you for making a tasteless joke and don't really want to offer real solutions for these kittens.

Dymphna

I volunteer with PAWs and I have 5 kittens and I believe our other fosters are full but I will check and see if maybe we can accommodate these little guys.
Thank you. I'll make phone calls as soon as some of these places have had a chance to open for the day.

But seriously folks, we have 3 very cute kittens to place. If you want one, or know anybody who may, please let us know.

FeralCatLover

You're a saint, god bless you :huggy:

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Are they using a litter box? Is there a rescue that will list them?

If the answer is yes to both of these I will talk to my husband about fostering them.

If the answer is yes to both of these I will talk to my husband about fostering them.
I put a litter box in the bathroom with them last night. As of 6:00 this morning, they had not needed to use it.

Dymphna

I have called all the agencies recommended in this thread and a couple more recommended by those agencies.

In a couple of cases, I've left messages. In the cases where I've talked to people, no one is taking cats. Tri-county IS taking kittens. One of the rescues even recommended them. If the kittens are old enough to eat on their own (which these are), young enough to be tamable (also a point for them) and cute (who can resist them) then apparently Tri-County is having good luck getting them homes. However, by their very nature, they won't guarantee homes for the kittens.

I will continue to explore all the options I hear about.

As for using the litter box, I can't tell you. They haven't used it yet, but they haven't messed on the floor either.

daisy

Did I read correctly that CCHS is killing all kittens that come in? Would that be Charles County, or Calvert? I just want to know in case anyone we know has need to get rid of a kitten, so we can tell them which to avoid. We just got rid of one last week, she was such a cutie, but we really were only keeping her from about 3 wks old until 8 wks. Bottle fed and litter trained her, got her dewormed and vaccinated...sad to see her go, but I'm sure she's going to make someone a very happy cat-owner :1bdz:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Did I read correctly that CCHS is killing all kittens that come in? Would that be Charles County, or Calvert? I just want to know in case anyone we know has need to get rid of a kitten, so we can tell them which to avoid. We just got rid of one last week, she was such a cutie, but we really were only keeping her from about 3 wks old until 8 wks. Bottle fed and litter trained her, got her dewormed and vaccinated...sad to see her go, but I'm sure she's going to make someone a very happy cat-owner :1bdz:

charles :sigh:
we try not to turn in anymore to them.... we try to foster them all ourselves... and find homes for them..

Dymphna

Charles County Humane Society reports that they accept all animals turned over to them and attempts to find them homes. However, a couple of times a week they will turn animals over to Tri-County where they take their chances, which as I already pointed out, are pretty good.

CCHS doesn't euthanize any animals unless they are severely sick or injured. The closest they come to that is turning them over to Tri-County.

daisy

Charles County Humane Society reports that they accept all animals turned over to them and attempts to find them homes. However, a couple of times a week they will turn animals over to Tri-County where they take their chances, which as I already pointed out, are pretty good.

CCHS doesn't euthanize any animals unless they are severely sick or injured. The closest they come to that is turning them over to Tri-County.

So they are both still ok options, maybe just as a last resort?