Why Islam is not for me

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
Look throught the laws. I found interesting the laws regarding what types of blood a woman can see (referring to mensturation). With laws like this i fail to see anything devine in the laws. I know I would have to understand Islam to make sense of the laws but if the laws are what dictate Islamic doctrine....I'll pass. I'm happy with the 10 commandments and the ultimate comandment - treat your brother as yourself.

Islamic Laws according to Grand Ayatollah Sistani
http://www.sistani.org/html/eng/main/index.php?page=3&lang=eng&part=3

Toxick

Splat
TexasPride77 said:
I'm happy with the 10 commandments and the ultimate comandment - treat your brother as yourself.

Well if you're selecting a religion because of its laws and restrictions and requirements, then you're selecting for the way wrong reasons.

You should follow the laws because you're a believer... you shouldn't become a believer because you like a religions set of laws.

F'rinstance: If Jesus had not released humanity from the laws of the Old Covenant, I would avoid pork and I wouldn't eat cheese on my hamburgers. HOWEVER, I did not select Christianity because I'm allowed to eat pork and cheeseburgers.

If I picked a religion because I like the rules, I'd be a Hedonist.

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
Toxick - Oh you are absolutely right...and i'm not out shopping for a faith...I have one all ready. I just find it interesting to see how seemingly oppressive the laws are on the people....and they are all man made laws.

F'rinstance: If Jesus had not released humanity from the laws of the Old Covenant, I would avoid pork and I wouldn't eat cheese on my hamburgers. HOWEVER, I did not select Christianity because I'm allowed to eat pork and cheeseburgers.

Absolutely....

I apprecite how I am given the freedom of choice with my faith. I have seen too many times where a church's docrine is comprised of "man's" laws. I dont think anyone has the right to tell me how to practice my faith. Nor do I feel any church has the right to be in my bedroom. My faith, my choices. The preception I get from the Islamic faith is that there is no freedom. Perhaps my perception is off.

Either way, after reading through the "laws" I can without doubt say that I would rather associate myself with a religion that allows me to live my life in accordance to my faith - not man made laws.

Pushrod

Patriot
Uhhh.., because I don't want to be a terrorist or hate the majority of the worlds population for not believing as I believe!

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Christianity gives Christians freedom, but Christians should not make the mistake of taking freedom to licentious.
Jude

3Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

4For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

I could not be a Muslim because I love Jesus and Jesus loves me. I have salvation through Jesus. If Jesus was just a man, then His death on the cross would have been no more significant the the death of the many thousands of other men who died on Roman crosses. It is because Jesus is fully God and was fully man that His death and resurrection are the gift of salvation and the promise of eternal life.

May God bless us, one and all.

Last edited:

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
2ndAmendment said:
Christianity gives Christians freedom, but Christians should not make the mistake of taking freedom to licentious.

I could not be a Muslim because I love Jesus and Jesus loves me. I have salvation through Jesus. If Jesus was just a man, then His death on the cross would have been no more significant the the death of the many thousands of other men who died on Roman crosses. It is because Jesus is fully God and was fully man that His death and resurrection are the gift of salvation and the promise of eternal life.

May God bless us, one and all.

It seems to me that Christianity is cut and dry. Base your faith in Christ. For Islam, who is more important Muhammad or Allah? Of course I know that is a silly question but I hear so many Muslims talk as much about Muhammad as they do Allah. It seems almost as if Muhammad fills the role of Christ to them. I dunno. i just appreciate the simplicity of Christianity.

2A - brother i just dont know what this board would do with out you. Thanks once again for your insightful commentary.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
TexasPride77 said:
It seems to me that Christianity is cut and dry. Base your faith in Christ. For Islam, who is more important Muhammad or Allah? Of course I know that is a silly question but I hear so many Muslims talk as much about Muhammad as they do Allah. It seems almost as if Muhammad fills the role of Christ to them. I dunno. i just appreciate the simplicity of Christianity.

2A - brother i just dont know what this board would do with out you. Thanks once again for your insightful commentary.
I can not claim credit for anything. I am only giving what I have been given. I am following the Great Commission to the best ability that God allows me as a forgiven sinner.

I wish that everyone, including all Muslims would come to know the true Jesus. Not the one of Islam. The true Jesus is God come as man. They miss that He cannot be a savior to them if He is only a man. His death would have no more saving power than any other man. Since He was God in flesh, He understands our frailty. He empathizes with our imperfections and understand fully. Since He is God. He overcame the flesh. His resurrection from the dead and ascension into heaven is our promise. How glorious is God's grace.

abdulhaqq

2ndAmendment said:
I can not claim credit for anything. I am only giving what I have been given. I am following the Great Commission to the best ability that God allows me as a forgiven sinner.

I wish that everyone, including all Muslims would come to know the true Jesus. Not the one of Islam. The true Jesus is God come as man. They miss that He cannot be a savior to them if He is only a man. His death would have no more saving power than any other man. Since He was God in flesh, He understands our frailty. He empathizes with our imperfections and understand fully. Since He is God. He overcame the flesh. His resurrection from the dead and ascension into heaven is our promise. How glorious is God's grace.

Dear 2ndAmendment

1. God is omnipotent. If God is omnipotent, how could have taken the form of a man who was begotten, lived, died, and went to hell?

2. The sins of fathers don't pass to sins. Each being is born in a state of free will. There is no need to repent for sins that you have not done.

3. Sins are repented directly to God. No need for a clergy or to accept Jesus. Its redundant, just go to God himself.

4. God didn't need to assume the flesh in order to understand human frailty, since He is omniscient. He understood our frailty the moment we were created.

God is:
a. Without beginning
b. Without end

(Since time is an aspect of created things and God is uncreated)

God is without:
a. partners
b. needs

(God is omnipotent, He doesn't need partners or needs)

God is dissimilar to His creation
(God is free from the attributes of limitedness that created things possess. God isn't limited by space or time or biological functions because He is omnipotent)

With Peace,
Abdulhaqq

Toxick

Splat
abdulhaqq said:
1. God is omnipotent. If God is omnipotent, how could have taken the form of a man who was begotten, lived, died, and went to hell?

If God is omnipotent, then HOW is a moot question. He can easily take the form of a man.

Or a woman.

Or a wall, or clouds, or a bowl full of guacamole, or a red Swingline stapler.

And where did you hear the Jesus went to Hell? I'll guarantee that you didn't hear that from a Christian. My Bible doesn't say where Jesus went when he died - or if he "went" anywhere at all. If someone told you that Christians believe Jesus went to hell, they're full of baloney.

abdulhaqq said:
2. The sins of fathers don't pass to sins. Each being is born in a state of free will. There is no need to repent for sins that you have not done.

Ok - no argument.

abdulhaqq said:
3. Sins are repented directly to God. No need for a clergy or to accept Jesus. Its redundant, just go to God himself.

Once again, you're implying disparity where none exists.

Jesus is not a separate entity from God. Therefore when you say something like: "Go directly to God, you don't need Jesus", what I hear is: "Go directly to God, you don't need God".

To a Christian, accepting Jesus IS accepting God.

This is the single point that you refuse to acknowledge. I understand if you don't AGREE with it - but your stubborn insistence in misrepreseting our beliefs by refusing to acknowledge our faith in Jesus' divinity is really starting to get tedious and annoying.

abdulhaqq said:
4. God didn't need to assume the flesh in order to understand human frailty, since He is omniscient. He understood our frailty the moment we were created.

God didn't assume flesh to gain understanding.

It was for our salvation.

abdulhaqq

If God is omnipotent, how can he be born, live and die?

Either God isn't omnipotent, or he wasn't born, lived, and died.

With regards to the view that Jesus went to hell and atoned for the sins of mankind, this is a catholic concept.

You've never heard of 'the harrowing of hell'?

Check out the Catholic encyclopedia:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07143d.htm

If God can interact with his creation to the extent that he becomes part of his creation, than how is Christianity any different from hinduism which posts in the same thing?

If God is made out of a body and a body has organs and organs have atoms, atoms are limited in both space and time.

That which is temporally and spatially limited is not absolute and eternal and is not God.

The definition of God is that which is absolute and eternal and is beyond a corporeal existence. The universe is an aspect of creation, not uncreatedness.

Toxick

Splat
abdulhaqq said:
If God is omnipotent, how can he be born, live and die?

The question answers itself.

I find it hard to believe that you would bestow the term "Omnipotent", yet you would continue to ask how the omnipotent one can do something.

It is a pointless circular question.

That you don't accept that Jesus is God is understood. However, my reasoning has been explained to you time and again, by more than one person.

I now believe that you are being deliberately obtuse.

I do not find a willful density or misrepresentation to be charming, cute or otherwise attractive things. If you ask questions, and then refuse to accept or acknowlege the answers (even if you disagree with them), then I see no reason to continue a conversation.

Peace.

Toxick

Splat
abdulhaqq said:
With regards to the view that Jesus went to hell and atoned for the sins of mankind, this is a catholic concept.

As to this point:
Catholics believe a lot of things that most other Christians do not.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
You've only been told 6,000 times that not all Christians are Catholics. So I can only assume you are being deliberately obtuse for the sake of arguing.
I :love: you! :roflmao:

Pete

Repete
vraiblonde said:
You've only been told 6,000 times that not all Christians are Catholics. So I can only assume you are being deliberately obtuse for the sake of arguing.
:smack: His argument doesn't work if you keep pointing out the obvious. Now if you don't stop being logical you could end up Van Gogh'd.

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
Why its not for me? I love pulled pork and booze.
You know what is funny. I was in Saudi Arabia and while booze was illegal you could drive down the street and on every corner were hash bars. Dudes sitting around getting stoned out of their gourd smoking black tar hash. :confused:

Also we were often invited to the British compound and they made wine. The Saudi's who worked with us were trying everything they could do to get invited so they could drink some home made wine. :lol:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Why Islam is not for me:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6 (emphasis added)

(I know, it's also in 2A's signature line.)