Why people suck. Reason 46892.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've got one of our houses listed for rent. Of the last 5 showings, there have been 4 no shows. And this is w/in hours of the person confirming our appointment. Yesterday, I talked to a lady at 2:30 (she called me) to confirm our 5:30 appt. I wait, and wait, call, figuring she was delayed due to the rain. Wait some more, call once more, then finally leave the house. I never received a phone call from this lady saying she was late or wouldn't be there.

WTF is wrong with people? A simple phone call or text to say you have changed your mind is sufficient. I rearrange schedules to meet people, leave early from work, and take time away from my family. The f'ing least you could do is be considerate of my time.

Happy Hump Day! :buddies:

willie

You're lucky. She sounds like the irresponsible deadbeat that you would have to chase down for the rent.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
You're lucky. She sounds like the irresponsible deadbeat that you would have to chase down for the rent.
Maybe. It just ticks me off that I have to drive to the property, wait, wait, wait, and then leave. Multiply that by 5 times and, it's a pain in the butt and a lot of lost time.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Maybe they get skeered when they get into the hood where the rental is and run away.

People are just rude. I don't get it....why call you (it's not like you cold called these people and convinced them to agree to check your rental out), not to mention confirm their appointment, if they're just not going to show up. Eff that if they call after the fact to 'reschedule' :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
People are just rude. I don't get it....why call you (it's not like you cold called these people and convinced them to agree to check your rental out), not to mention confirm their appointment, if they're just not going to show up. Eff that if they call after the fact to 'reschedule' :yay:
They can call to reschedule, but I can't guarantee that I'll show up. :biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, I would say yes if it was off Great Mills Road, however, it's in a very nice, quiet, small community. I still miss the house. :lol:
Maybe it's too nice, too quite, and too small once they find out where it is and they would rather be on Great Mills road?

Beta

Smile!
For everyone that stands you up, if you have their phone # or e-mail, subscribe them to all the spam you can find. :yay:

Hank

my war
I've got one of our houses listed for rent. Of the last 5 showings, there have been 4 no shows. And this is w/in hours of the person confirming our appointment. Yesterday, I talked to a lady at 2:30 (she called me) to confirm our 5:30 appt. I wait, and wait, call, figuring she was delayed due to the rain. Wait some more, call once more, then finally leave the house. I never received a phone call from this lady saying she was late or wouldn't be there.

WTF is wrong with people? A simple phone call or text to say you have changed your mind is sufficient. I rearrange schedules to meet people, leave early from work, and take time away from my family. The f'ing least you could do is be considerate of my time.

Happy Hump Day! :buddies:

One of my friends was trying to rent her house... Same thing happened and she lives in Nags Head but the rental was here in Maryland. She would schedule a bunch of showings, make the drive up here and the majority of them don't show up. Azzwipes!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
One of my friends was trying to rent her house... Same thing happened and she lives in Nags Head but the rental was here in Maryland. She would schedule a bunch of showings, make the drive up here and the majority of them don't show up. Azzwipes!

Now THAT I would be upset about. Wow!

IneedSkrimps

I had a lot of no shows too. I had my townhouse for rent and one time a person pulled into the parking spot in front of my house, sat there for like 5 minutes, then just left. I was sitting in the living room watching them and waiting.

Thank god I lived close because the no shows were probably 50%. People are the worst.

DQ2B

I have had this same sort of thing happen as well with postings I've made in the classifieds. I spend my time getting photos, emailing back and forth, setting a time to meet and then nary a sighting, word or call. It's beyond rude for people to assume one has countless time to waste.

Micki

I've got one of our houses listed for rent. Of the last 5 showings, there have been 4 no shows.

Few years back I had an ad in the classifieds with my GSD puppies for sale. Got many emails with real people.....and then, there was this one lady who made 2 appointments with me and never showed up. After confronting her (by email) she always had an excuse like "we had to go out of town" or "my husband was in an accident".
I finally figured out there are people out there that are just so lonely, they respond to any ad they can, just to get some attention in their lives.
Or, on the other hand, they just want to f... with you!!!

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Yup, people suck. When we rented our place the first time, we had a newborn baby and were still living in the house. So everytime there was a showing, we'd have to packup and leave in a hurry, lock the animals up, pickup the baby (which always woke him up) then go find somewhere to hang out while the house was shown. We did this twice for people that called last minute (and late) and didn't show up. Really pissed me off.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I've got one of our houses listed for rent. Of the last 5 showings, there have been 4 no shows. And this is w/in hours of the person confirming our appointment.

I think I may have been one of the no shows. I was going to go look at the house but could't stop my game until I got to a good save point. When I called you to confirm what I thought would take me 5 minutes ended up taking two hours.

On a positive note. I was able to finally beat the level that I had been stuck on for several days.