Why "Seasons in the Sun" refuses to die

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bruzilla said:
Yes, these other songs have their metits in the sewer of sickly sentimental muzak, but You Light Up My Life was the Record of the Year, which meant it was rained down upon us incessantly, and whenever we weren't suffering though it by listening to it, we were having to endure interviews and general talking about it.

It's kinda like the difference between having salt rubbed in a wound and being skinned alive.
Excellent observation.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Bruzilla said:
Yes, these other songs have their metits in the sewer of sickly sentimental muzak, but You Light Up My Life was the Record of the Year, which meant it was rained down upon us incessantly, and whenever we weren't suffering though it by listening to it, we were having to endure interviews and general talking about it.

It's kinda like the difference between having salt rubbed in a wound and being skinned alive.
I've said this in another thread, but it was my high school class song. :barf: It was also voted by my class as the BEST and WORST song of the year. :lmao:

It scarred me for life. :twitch:

B

Bruzilla

Our first pick for class song was "Afternoon Delight", and we almost got it though under the administration's radar but someone tipped them off as to the meaning of the song and that queered the whole operation.