Will they go to heaven?

libby

And thats an answer to a question i had posed previously.

If someone who doesnt know <insert deity here> (not meant to belittle, but this is a general question) and lives a life that is not a "Sin" to their beliefs, but is a "Sin" to yours, are they "Sin"ning ¿

Then they are not sinning. St. Paul tells us to follow our consciences, and for a Christian, the goal would be to form the conscience toward Christ and His teachings. For those who do not know His teaching, then they would simply follow their consciences and be judged according to that.
That is only my opinion, BTW, not doctrine.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Then they are not sinning. St. Paul tells us to follow our consciences, and for a Christian, the goal would be to form the conscience toward Christ and His teachings. For those who do not know His teaching, then they would simply follow their consciences and be judged according to that.
That is only my opinion, BTW, not doctrine.

So if it weren't for you people throwing your religion at me, I could eff anything that moved, freely shoot the ass holes in life, masturbate, AND still get into Heaven?

:doh:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So if it weren't for you people throwing your religion at me, I could eff anything that moved, freely shoot the ass holes in life, masturbate, AND still get into Heaven?

You really added a lot to the conversation, thanks for the input.:yay:
Who is throwing their religion in your face?

libby

Well, the answer would have to be 'yes', assuming you were not in a position to know any different.
However, if you are a married man, then you have an innate understanding (I would call it the "natural law") that you cannot "eff" anything that moves. If your conscience tells you that you can shoot anybody you don't like, then you'd better be looking over your shoulder at those who do not like you. The point is, the natural law tells you that if you don't want it done to you, don't do it to others.
So if you're prepared to be on the receiving end of the behaviors you want for yourself, with ignorance (and I'm not saying that in an insulting way) of the natural law being your defense, then I think you'll definitely get to Heaven.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Yeah, but if I can get to heaven without him.............?

Can I ask you a question. This is off topic but I have seen your posts and was wondering what is the picture on your av of? And just curious since I have just been skimming what do you believe?

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's the whole thing - why is Jesus even necessary?

Prior to Jesus why were animal sacrifices necessary? Why do you wash your hands before you eat? What do you bathe routinely? To get rid of the dirt and germs. Well, on the spiritual side of things God wants us to get the spiritual dirt off of us. We cannot enter into God paradise unless we have cleaned ourselves of the very thing that separated us from Him. Sin!

T

toppick08

thanks for explaining! .... scholars, priests, and men alike have been deciphering the bible since it was created. Good thing you know all the answers! You should tell the world instead of just SoMD forums.

:rolleyes:

:howdy:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

You really added a lot to the conversation, thanks for the input.:yay:
Who is throwing their religion in your face?

Religion cannot be avoided in the civilized world. It isn't a matter of it being "shoved" at me or anything, but if I am exposed to it, then according to libby, I must follow yall's religious standards in order to get to heaven...because I've been taught "The Word".

Well, the answer would have to be 'yes', assuming you were not in a position to know any different.
However, if you are a married man, then you have an innate understanding (I would call it the "natural law") that you cannot "eff" anything that moves. If your conscience tells you that you can shoot anybody you don't like, then you'd better be looking over your shoulder at those who do not like you. The point is, the natural law tells you that if you don't want it done to you, don't do it to others.
So if you're prepared to be on the receiving end of the behaviors you want for yourself, with ignorance (and I'm not saying that in an insulting way) of the natural law being your defense, then I think you'll definitely get to Heaven.

Exactly. So, if nobody had ever pre-exposed me to religion (before doing these sinful acts...that I now know are sinful :pete:), then I am free to do anything I feel is OK in my heart and will still get to heaven, according to your theory, correct?

That's the whole thing - why is Jesus even necessary?

Yeah, but if I can get to heaven without him.............?

notgonahappen..

Thats not how I understand some people in this thread feel :shrug:

Xaquin44

You can't get to heaven without Him. If it were not for Jesus heaven wouldn't be possible for any of us.

sorry amazon dwellers. It's your own fault you know. You know, .... being born away from churches. See you all in hell (or more to the point, I won't, seeing as how I am christian, and am therefore more deserving of heaven).

p.s. put some clothes on.

SShewbert

What love is all about
thanks for explaining! .... scholars, priests, and men alike have been deciphering the bible since it was created. Good thing you know all the answers! You should tell the world instead of just SoMD forums.

Nobody but God himself has all the answers. Even those who are saved do not know everything and will not know until we get to Heaven if we even get all the answers then( and I can not say we will). All you can do is read the Bible and believe what you believe. Unless you are open to accepting what someone else says then you can ask questions all day long and get no futher than when you started. All God asks of me is to spread his word and plant the seed. Whether that is accepted or not is not up to me that is up to you. I will not be held accountable though as long as I spread his Word as he instructs me to do.

On that note it says in the Bible that everyone will hear his Word at least once in their life. These people have never talked to someone outside of the tribe. Now that they have been discovered they will. Someone that they talk to will give them God's Word. Then it is up to them to accept it. So my answer to the question of if they will get into Heaven or not if they never know God's Word is simply that at some point in their life they will hear God's Word.

SShewbert

What love is all about
So...everyone before Jesus was just screwed when it came to getting into heaven?

No that is why they had animal scarfices. They were to clean the people of their sins. Then came Jesus and he was the perfect lamb for everyones sins.