Wind Farms in Somerset County

glhs837

Power with Control
You "see" what?

That long term viability hinges on some assumptions that I'm not sure will pan out. Price changes, delivery from makers of larger turbines, either of these are gambles. I get gambles, I do. But i'm not sure these are ones I would be making.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That long term viability hinges on some assumptions that I'm not sure will pan out. Price changes, delivery from makers of larger turbines, either of these are gambles. I get gambles, I do. But i'm not sure these are ones I would be making.

Already old news though. The Europeans and Scandinavians are already very far along this path, soon approaching 12,000 offshore turbines in service. 12,000...as compared to the sad little grossly overpriced and lame effort off Block Island that is all we have to point to.

The gambles were made long ago "over there", the results are proving to be positive, and now those same players are the ones investing in offshore leases "over here".

Will offshore wind ever be truly "cheap" power compared to coal and NG?..highly unlikely. But the LCOE for offshore wind has dropped so much in the last few years that it is competitive with nuclear power, for example.

Energy storage still remains as the largest technical hurdle for both wind and solar...

Last edited: