Woman, 92, dies in shootout with police

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
juggy4805 said:
It could of been a black woman in a nice part of town.
Cops typically don't kick in the doors of nice homes. And nice homes typically don't have 94 year old ladies packin' heat.

Regardless, the race of the old lady does not color my initial impression that she had drug dealers living with her, and THAT is why the cops raided her house.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe they...

mainman said:
Are you sure it wasn't racially motivated?

....were looking for bottles of water?

And she said "No, you monsters! This is MY bottle of water! Take that! And that!"

juggy4805 said:
So as soon as a civil rights leader is mentioned its that part of town. What are you getting at?
I'd say he means the part of town that is run down, contains crack houses etc, mostly black. Get it?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Assistant Chief Alan Dreher said the officers had a legal warrant and "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door. He said they were justified in shooting once they were fired upon.

As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about 7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting, striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman.

So did they knock and announce or did she start shooting as they approached the house?

Merlin99 said:
So did they knock and announce or did she start shooting as they approached the house?
Whatever they did, they are damn lucky there weren't a half dozen well armed drug dealers in there.

D

dems4me

I think its drug related... she may have had hoards of "medicinal" pot plants in the house or something - maybe she had Alzehimers and used it for that purpose or something :shrug:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
desertrat said:
I'd say he means the part of town that is run down, contains crack houses etc, mostly black. Get it?

...and of course civil rights lawyers don't normally bother themselves becoming a self-appointed spokesperson for incidents involving residents of White-Bread Acres in Atlanta. Civil rights lawyers don't normally self-appoint themselves to enter into dialogue with the police unless it can get them more press. :howdy:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Turns out it WAS that part of town.

Atlanta police found illegal narcotics in the home after all.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I think its drug related... she may have had hoards of "medicinal" pot plants in the house or something - maybe she had Alzehimers and used it for that purpose or something :shrug:
:confused: How would she remember to use it? :eyebrow:

C-Murda

Lenny said:
Atlanta police found illegal narcotics in the home after all.

After they planted them there. If ther was some old ass white lady in there, nothin would have come of dis. Pigs prolly didn even say who they was, jus busted down her dor. Ov course she had a gun, wouldn you in dat neighborhood.