Woodstock

Had a very interesting evening yesterday. My buddy found that a local theater group he frequents was having a film on Woodstock, and talked me into going. Most of the crowd were wearing tie-dyed clothes and looked like they just came from the 60s, but OLD farts, like me!! It was a great film, all about the originators of the fest, and the extreme trials and tribulations they had to go thru to actually pull this off. It contained information that I had never seen before in any other documentary. Really well put together. The film's creator was there, and sponsored a Q&A after the film. That's when it really got interesting. In the audience were not only people who attended Woodstock, but people that were involved in the support to make it happen. People who actually built the food stands and provided food. There was a commune of people who were asked to provide security, called the Hog Farm. Really strange group of people, but it was their "peace love dove" attitude that was a huge success in keeping the peace at the concert for 3 days and provided free food. There was a member of the Hog Farm in the audience, and she spoke of the work they did, how they were in Arizona (?) for an event there, and the concert founders put them all on a deluxe jetliner and flew them to JFK where they were told they would be providing security. All in all, very enjoyable and informative. I thought it was just going to be another Woodstock film showing the drugged out hippies.