World Autism Day

SoMDGirl42

Take the time today to hug your children a little tighter, and think of all the children affected from Autism in the world. I have a granddaughter that suffers from ASD. In her honor, I am wearing blue and a Autism ribbon.

World Autism Awareness Day

The fifth annual World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, 2012.

Thank you for celebrating the wonderful people in our lives affected by autism on April 2 and throughout April which was Autism Awareness Month. We look forward to celebrating with you on April 2, 2012!

World Autism Awareness Day | What is Autism? | Autism Speaks

Vince

Take the time today to hug your children a little tighter, and think of all the children affected from Autism in the world. I have a granddaughter that suffers from ASD. In her honor, I am wearing blue and a Autism ribbon.

World Autism Awareness Day

The fifth annual World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, 2012.
Thank you for celebrating the wonderful people in our lives affected by autism on April 2 and throughout April which was Autism Awareness Month. We look forward to celebrating with you on April 2, 2012!

World Autism Awareness Day | What is Autism? | Autism Speaks
I did not know this. :doh:

SoMDGirl42

Thankyou....:huggy: I guess I didn't know because I'm aware of autism 365 days a year. :shrug:

That is very true! I think today is the day to make others aware of the struggles and hurdles children with Autism have to make EVERY day, and the sacrifices, struggles, hurdles, frustrations (I could go on.....) their parents make every day as well. It's hard, for everyone. You deserve a :huggy: too.

Vince

Harder on Jay. I can't imagine the confusion he must live with everyday with just normal things, but then I sometimes envy him and his simple life with no worries.

SoMDGirl42

Harder on Jay. I can't imagine the confusion he must live with everyday with just normal things, but then I sometimes envy him and his simple life with no worries.

I understand where you are coming from. The difference is, Jay doesn't know what "normal" is, so I think it's harder on the parents. I could compare it to the first time I went to the eye doctor and got glasses. I was 12. When I walked outside for the first time, I stopped dead in my tracks. My mother thought I'd lost my mind. I stood there with my mouth open starring at a tree. I had no idea that people could actually see the leaves on trees. I thought everyone just saw big green circles on top of the trunk and knew they were trees. Jay doesn't know what it feels like to not be confused, just like I didn't know what it was like to have 20/20 vision. He's a good young man, and you are a great dad to him. Keep up the good work.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I understand where you are coming from. The difference is, Jay doesn't know what "normal" is, so I think it's harder on the parents. I could compare it to the first time I went to the eye doctor and got glasses. I was 12. When I walked outside for the first time, I stopped dead in my tracks. My mother thought I'd lost my mind. I stood there with my mouth open starring at a tree. I had no idea that people could actually see the leaves on trees. I thought everyone just saw big green circles on top of the trunk and knew they were trees. Jay doesn't know what it feels like to not be confused, just like I didn't know what it was like to have 20/20 vision. He's a good young man, and you are a great dad to him. Keep up the good work.

:yeahthat:..... :huggy: