Worst made up attendance ever

jkeller

Have to be honest, I have not kept up with the Blue Crabs that much this season but I view their box score report for today...

Atlantic League of Professional Baseball

and they announced an attendance of 4,155 on a weekday. Not only that, a DAY game. Seriously?

They don't even get that big of a crowd on a weekend night game.

Last edited:

TerriT

Baseball in Education Day #2 with a special 10:35am start time,
Area schools were there so I don't thinking they were making it up.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Have to be honest, I have not kept up with the Blue Crabs that much this season but I view their box score report for today...

Atlantic League of Professional Baseball

and they announced an attendance of 4,155 on a weekday. Not only that, a DAY game. Seriously?

They don't even get that big of a crowd on a weekend night game.

Every game I went to last year, the place was packed. That includes weekdays.

jkeller

You guys do realize 4200 is a sellout in the seating bowl, right? I used to work on odd days like that and the place was empty. On one day game, i could almost count the attendance myself.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
You guys do realize 4200 is a sellout in the seating bowl, right? I used to work on odd days like that and the place was empty. On one day game, i could almost count the attendance myself.

Attendance was up last year and you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that. I've been there and it's been empty. But, like I said, every game I went to last year had near-capacity crowds.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Attendance was up last year and you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that. I've been there and it's been empty. But, like I said, every game I went to last year had near-capacity crowds.

So they got pretty close to the O's and Rays attendance, eh?:buddies:

jkeller

Just came back from tonight's game versus LI and at the last minute before the game started was asked to operate the (automatic) scoreboard for the team. Team's official attendance was 4,415 (which meant the seating bowl would have been sold out and about 200 extra in the berm). There were less than 50 on the berm and I'd be more than slightly exaggerating if I said the bowl was half full. If there's one thing I learned about being in the press box, there are two numbers the team makes up: the attendance and two, the loudest section # ( for the Domino's K-Man of the game).

I've figured out why the official scorekeeper doesn't like delivering the boxscores to the LI clubhouse (I was in charge of that tonight), their manager is a sore loser.

And in other news, Dontrelle Willis (ex-Orioles player) will be pitching tomorrow for the LI Ducks and there is much speculation that VLADIMIR GUERRERO will be making his debut for the ducks too.

That said, the Blue Crabs are on a good winning streak, and you all should come out and see the game tomorrow night!