would I regret living in CRE?

ladyhawk

Excuse me, but you must live in a glass house because I did not send one insult to a person in this thread prior to being insulted. If you think so little of the ranch club that the fact that someone thinks a strong minded opinioned individual would not fit in there, well that is on you, not me.

Most of us in here are opinionated, especially me.
I think its funny that "I think so little of the ranch club"....
You obviously have no clue.

I never said a strong minded individual would not fit in here because if that were the case, none of us would be in here.
What I said was that we were having a decent conversation until you showed up...

There is a big difference!
And I'm curious as to how you think your comment was "strong minded"?
I don't see it, and I don't think others do either.

June

hotcoffee

June.... Sometimes we see things from a different angle.....My question to you is.... why are you in this discussion between Tom88 and libertytyranny?

When rednecks and navy get to arguing.... you simply step back and let them go .... you might get seriously injured if you try to intervene....:popcorn:

Having a navy doctor qualifies libertytyranny for navy.... I'll bet she drinks those caffiene spiked drinks and she's forced to look for a "good" place to live because her husband is deployed a lot [based on the crime questions in her original post]

Tom88 probably still drives the 4wheel drive he used during the snowstorm, volunteering to take the hospital workers in.... [I remember that]... he's probably a Republican who wishes we had a white history month.... bet he's got a bit of Irish in him.... probably a SOMD native...

Anyway.... June.... whether I'm right or I'm wrong about the two people in this fight.... IMHO you should step back and let'em duke it out....

There is no reason for the CRE Board [or potential board] to be poking their nose in everyone else's business here.... The question wasn't
"Is CRE a perfect place to live?". The question wasn't "Is CRE a dump?".

The question libertytyranny brought to the forum was rhetorical.... no one can know if she would regret living in CRE.... I posted my opinion and let it drop.... but it wouldn't because some people want to "defend" CRE.....

CRE doesn't need defending.... It's a diverse community [both in structure and membership] on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay that offers an average quarter acre lot with affordable homes to roughly 4000 people....

Is there crime? .... sure.... there are thousands of humans there....
Is there worship? .... sure..... there must be a dozen different spiritual meetings every week within CRE or within 12 miles of it
Are the schools good? Absolutely.... none finer....
Is there politics? Yep.... down and dirty.... none nastier...

June .... Just because you have been on the board or volunteered for the POA.... it doesn't mean that you are the protector of CRE....

CRE is a POA not an HOA and it's time we started realizing that....

tom88

Most of us in here are opinionated, especially me.
I think its funny that "I think so little of the ranch club"....
You obviously have no clue.

I never said a strong minded individual would not fit in here because if that were the case, none of us would be in here.
What I said was that we were having a decent conversation until you showed up...

There is a big difference!
And I'm curious as to how you think your comment was "strong minded"?
I don't see it, and I don't think others do either.

June

Well then why did you insult me or think that my comment to the person was insulting. I simply said that based on her postings, she would fit in. I thought that was accurate and not insulting at all. If someone felt that was insulting, then the only conclusion could be they don't have a high opinion of the people in the CRE that she would fit in with.

Coffee...USNA class of 82. I do volunteer my time to drive people during the snow storm though, I have a four wheel drive Suburban. Fits lots o' people. I think having done ten years active and sixteen in the reserves also qualifies me as Navy.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
June.... Sometimes we see things from a different angle.....My question to you is.... why are you in this discussion between Tom88 and libertytyranny?

When rednecks and navy get to arguing.... you simply step back and let them go .... you might get seriously injured if you try to intervene....:popcorn:

Having a navy doctor qualifies libertytyranny for navy.... I'll bet she drinks those caffiene spiked drinks and she's forced to look for a "good" place to live because her husband is deployed a lot [based on the crime questions in her original post]

Tom88 probably still drives the 4wheel drive he used during the snowstorm, volunteering to take the hospital workers in.... [I remember that]... he's probably a Republican who wishes we had a white history month.... bet he's got a bit of Irish in him.... probably a SOMD native...

Anyway.... June.... whether I'm right or I'm wrong about the two people in this fight.... IMHO you should step back and let'em duke it out....

There is no reason for the CRE Board [or potential board] to be poking their nose in everyone else's business here.... The question wasn't
"Is CRE a perfect place to live?". The question wasn't "Is CRE a dump?".

The question libertytyranny brought to the forum was rhetorical.... no one can know if she would regret living in CRE.... I posted my opinion and let it drop.... but it wouldn't because some people want to "defend" CRE.....

CRE doesn't need defending.... It's a diverse community [both in structure and membership] on the shore of the Chesapeake Bay that offers an average quarter acre lot with affordable homes to roughly 4000 people....

Is there crime? .... sure.... there are thousands of humans there....
Is there worship? .... sure..... there must be a dozen different spiritual meetings every week within CRE or within 12 miles of it
Are the schools good? Absolutely.... none finer....
Is there politics? Yep.... down and dirty.... none nastier...

June .... Just because you have been on the board or volunteered for the POA.... it doesn't mean that you are the protector of CRE....

CRE is a POA not an HOA and it's time we started realizing that....

haha you are a bit off about me I'm afraid..but i get where you are going. I had no interest in "duking out" with anyone..but my SO is indeed on travel a lot so I do need to find somewhere I feel comfortable spending time by myself.... Also, I did say I wasn't worried about the crime very much in my original post. I simply was wondering why the hoa fees were different (got my answer) and what thaat money went to ..pure curiosity and research for finding a place to live. Your posts have been helpful as have *most* of everyone elses. I like to hear from people who live there..it can only be a good thing to be totally aware of what you are getting into when you buy a home..and this gives me a chance to reach out to people directly.

hotcoffee

Well then why did you insult me or think that my comment to the person was insulting. I simply said that based on her postings, she would fit in. I thought that was accurate and not insulting at all. If someone felt that was insulting, then the only conclusion could be they don't have a high opinion of the people in the CRE that she would fit in with.

Coffee...USNA class of 82. I do volunteer my time to drive people during the snow storm though, I have a four wheel drive Suburban. Fits lots o' people. I think having done ten years active and sixteen in the reserves also qualifies me as Navy.

That it does.... thank you for your service.... navy brat here....

haha you are a bit off about me I'm afraid..but i get where you are going. I had no interest in "duking out" with anyone..but my SO is indeed on travel a lot so I do need to find somewhere I feel comfortable spending time by myself.... Also, I did say I wasn't worried about the crime very much in my original post. I simply was wondering why the hoa fees were different (got my answer) and what thaat money went to ..pure curiosity and research for finding a place to live. Your posts have been helpful as have *most* of everyone elses. I like to hear from people who live there..it can only be a good thing to be totally aware of what you are getting into when you buy a home..and this gives me a chance to reach out to people directly.

Smart... very smart