Xscape movie theatre Brandywine.

tuffenuff2

Went for the first time yesterday for son's birthday. What a terrible experience. We had to line up and buy our tickets at the concession stand. Had to wait at least ten minutes while the other customers got served their popcorn, drinks etc. When we got in the the theatre it was absolutely freezing- more so than normal. One customer had a blanket. The first seats we chose were broken and would not recline. The next ones had not been cleaned properly and still had candy wrappers and popcorn on them and around them. When the movie was due to start the screen froze. The lady behind us said it happened to her at the weekend and also the screen next door . Never thought I would ever say this but Waldorf is much better.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Went for the first time yesterday for son's birthday. What a terrible experience. We had to line up and buy our tickets at the concession stand. Had to wait at least ten minutes while the other customers got served their popcorn, drinks etc.
I can't believe they did this!!! :faint: Don't they know who you are????

We went there a few weeks ago to take our son to see Despicable Me 2. We had a fantastic experience. If you're buying your tickets with a credit card, you can use the kiosks to the right as you walk in. There's a separate concession stand for those that buy their tickets at the kiosk, which means a shorter wait.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Maybe it was just an off day.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We went there a few weeks ago to take our son to see Despicable Me 2. We had a fantastic experience. If you're buying your tickets with a credit card, you can use the kiosks to the right as you walk in. There's a separate concession stand for those that buy their tickets at the kiosk, which means a shorter wait.

But trash on/around seats and broken seats? It's new - how can they have broken seats already? AND why is it so COLD ? At least I know to bring a sweater if I go there.

tuffenuff2

I had a cardigan on and was still chilly. We all sat with our hands shoved under our armpits. Our feet were like blocks of ice. The movie was good though.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I had a cardigan on and was still chilly. We all sat with our hands shoved under our armpits. Our feet were like blocks of ice. The movie was good though.

Unless they are trying to sell Hot Cocoa - why so cold? Maybe I should call and ask them?

puggymom

I will not even try it after my moms experience. She and her friend got tickets the day before for a show to take their grandkids to. When they got there the next morning, with their already purchased tickets, they were told a youth group booked the whole showing earlier that morning and they would have to come back later that afternoon.
Then they acted surprised that my mom and her friend were even upset. They compared it to an airline bumping passengers...like it just happens all the time, no big deal.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Sorry you had a bad experience. My one time there was great. I always dress appropriately for a movie - pants and shoes. Theaters are always cold. I think its so no one sweats in the seat.

The trash part though is sheer laziness of the staff. The broken seats.....I don't understand that part at all as it is such a new theater - maybe kids playing with the controls too much. I will say though that Waldorf already has broken seats as well.

Still, both Waldorf and Brandywine are far superior to the poor old theater in LP City or the one in Calvert which always smells faintly of mildew and dirty diapers.

mudpuddle

that was not an off day. Have gone there several times, and they were all bad experiences. One time we went over to use the kiosk, and it was broken!

From now on, I only want to go to Waldorf. (Never thought I would say that!)

mudpuddle

I will not even try it after my moms experience. She and her friend got tickets the day before for a show to take their grandkids to. When they got there the next morning, with their already purchased tickets, they were told a youth group booked the whole showing earlier that morning and they would have to come back later that afternoon.
Then they acted surprised that my mom and her friend were even upset. They compared it to an airline bumping passengers...like it just happens all the time, no big deal.

That does it for me! I will never go back there! Wouldn't be surprised if your mom doesn't either...that is terrible what they did. No excuse for that!!!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
That does it for me! I will never go back there! Wouldn't be surprised if your mom doesn't either...that is terrible what they did. No excuse for that!!!

Bad management. They should also ensure someone is picking up the trash and that the machines are functioning or have a suitable workaround if broken. No excuse.

All of this just reaffirms my desire to bypass the theater altogether, wait a few months for the DVD and play it at home in my own comfy chair with my cheap popcorn and drinks.

I'm a movie guy. I tell people that is one of two things I miss from moving to southern Maryland from Long Island, NY. Quality movie theaters. On LI, you're generally no more than a ten minute drive from multiple theaters - all with stadium seating, 3D option, huge screens, etc. But here, it's Waldorf or Brandywine. So here's my two cents...

Waldorf is OK. I like the fact that there are reserved seats. And the seats recline. Nice, but not a game changer for me. But, the theater always (in the last 6-7 movies I've gone to over about a year) seems to be dirty, and in need of repair. Also, the screens are not very big. So I usually have to sit closer. Not a problem, but a minor nit. But my big pet peeve is the overall small size, and therefore lack of show times. On LI (sorry to harp), if you want to see a movie on a Saturday night at theater X, you can choose the 4:15, the 4:35, the 5:00, the 5:10, the 5:25, the 5:45, etc. In Waldorf, it's the 5:20 or the 8:45.

Brandywine is bigger, and therefore has a few more showtimes. I also like their ticket buying options. Online (granted from their site, not Fandango), at the theater - kiosk or tickets and concession. One down side is that there seems to be a lot of variability between theaters - some have bigger screens. I'm not even sure how they differ. And, yes, I've had the issue of the temperature being too low at times. But I'm a guy, so it's no big deal. ;)

So, bottom line, which to choose? I'm not sure. My only advice is to not give up on Brandywine. Their still finding their way. I think things like temperature and defective seats will be worked out. The management seems to be fairly responsive.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
First off all not allowing people to purchase tickets through Fandango is just plain dumb. For that reason alone I'm out.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
First off all not allowing people to purchase tickets through Fandango is just plain dumb. For that reason alone I'm out.

hey about a month or so ago I saw you going North on Rt 301 and I tried to catch up to wave, but you were flying .... :nono:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Not impressed with Brandywine theater either. We got to our show early and sat through the credits of the earlier screening then watched the staff do their "clean up" :rolleyes: They did not take trash out of the cup holders, barely swept the floors. We carried our trash out with us and had to set it on the floor next to the trash can since it was overflowing after the 1230 show, which was the 2nd of the day.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

P.G County rules. When the inmates of the youth authority want to see a moved, the see a movie.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
First trip there, movie file was corrupt, they cancelled the show, gave us 2 free passes each and allowed us to see whatever we wanted that day.

Second trip noticed the same thing with the trash, there were multiple showings that were having corrupt files, etc.

Good thing is, you can marathon movie it once you're in, they never check tickets once you get in past the initial ticket checker.:popcorn: