Years ago...a couple of collectable shops in coins/stamps in So Md.

Hessian

There was a time (20 years ago) where I could recall 2-3 places in So Md that dealt in rare coins/stamps.... (NOT Pawn shops)
Was wondering if anyone can recommend reputable collectors/dealers still around.
My current curiosity relates to stamps. I need some sage advice/services.
Thanks!

GregV814

isnt there a guy at the Barns in Hughesville??? I know NOTHING about him, but he's been there for years.

Hessian

isnt there a guy at the Barns in Hughesville??? I know NOTHING about him, but he's been there for years.
Been 15 years since I have been in the barns....yes, there was a guy there...as well as a dealer in St Leonard Marketplace.
Don't know if they remain!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There was a time (20 years ago) where I could recall 2-3 places in So Md that dealt in rare coins/stamps.... (NOT Pawn shops)
Was wondering if anyone can recommend reputable collectors/dealers still around.
Thanks!
Here's a link to a list of Stamp Clubs in Maryland.
I saw one dealer in Hollywood, Perron's, but they have a 2.3 rating on Google Maps.
Looks like there are several in Ellicott City.

GregV814

There's a shop on Old Solomons Island Rd., just off of West Street in Annapolis I bought and sold a few coins to. Also a shop on Rt. 198 in Laurel (Anne Arundel County,) near the Parkway... I liked the latter much better...much...

frequentflier

happy to be living
Been 15 years since I have been in the barns....yes, there was a guy there...as well as a dealer in St Leonard Marketplace.
Don't know if they remain!
Mark is still at the Chesapeake Marketplace on Sundays from 10-5 though he deals only in coins. I do know he will NOT be there this coming Sunday 01/08/23.

DogWhisperer

Thanks!
I think they have a coin enthusiasts get together at the VFW on 235 the first Wednesday of the month.

slowlane

Yes, I was there about 5 years ago. His space is/ was at the far north end (Waldorf end) of the Hughesville barns. He had a Polish last name. He was honest and advised me to hold onto my all-silver coins until the price of silver goes up (which you can track online).