stoneys broomes island

britwva

Went to Stoneys broomes Island last night , and what can I say - but it was terrible - crappy service , even crappier food, heck the chick that sat us outside told the kids to spit in the water so the minows would surface - nice lady we really want our kids gobbing at a restaurants :smack:
I will never go back again , I feel sorry for those that think this is good food, don't waste your time.
ahhh , feel better now I've vented :jameo:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Good...less people to deal with. :lol:

I like this Stoney's out of all of them. The kitchen is very small, so you do have to wait a bit, but the food is always decent. They mix a good drink. Most of the staff is pleasant, you're going to have bad servers almost everywhere.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
britwva said:
Went to Stoneys broomes Island last night , and what can I say - but it was terrible - crappy service , even crappier food, heck the chick that sat us outside told the kids to spit in the water so the minows would surface - nice lady we really want our kids gobbing at a restaurants :smack:
I will never go back again , I feel sorry for those that think this is good food, don't waste your time.

That's unusual for them - since I've been going there (regularly over past 5+years) the food and service is excellent. The crab cakes are THE BEST!

Don't know why/how your experience was a nasty one.

britwva

crap food , pathetic seafood - or should i say frozen - the ahi tuni sandwich sucked , the waitress just laughed and giggled. guess i'm not a smib

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
britwva said:
crap food , pathetic seafood - or should i say frozen - the ahi tuni sandwich sucked , the waitress just laughed and giggled. guess i'm not a smib

Good grief, what does smib have to do with it?

I've only eaten there once (back in June) and we enjoyed our meal.

But, I was disappointed that they didn't have the same menu as the Stoney's in PF. I love the stuffed filet mignon there. :drool:

Midnightrider

britwva said:
well thats strange, considering ahi tuna is one of the local specialties and they are known especially for their tuna sammich :sarcasm:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
britwva said:
Oh yeah, the TUNA I'm sure is fresh out of the creek :rolleyes:

If you want good fresh local seafood, think, and order something that is actually caught locally.. Don't order something you know came in frozen off of a truck then bithc about it not being fresh.. :jameo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Lol...

Midnightrider said:
well thats strange, considering ahi tuna is one of the local specialties and they are known especially for their tuna sammich :sarcasm:

:lmao:

...yes, let's all run out to Baskin' Robbins and get a nice pair of socks!

britwva

Well , how much do ya think is "fresh" - they don't even have specials - I'm sorry i thought I was surrounded by water and fishermen, I hate crabcakes that's why i didn't order that - can't stand old bay seasoning. We weren't the only table complaining , I hate to think what the poor bastards got charged for the steamer basket - Even the kids grilled cheese sandwich was a crustables from the freezer - give me a break. The Fried Shrimp basket for $15 , consisted of 5 (wahoo) shrimp and a bunch of fries. Give me a break.
:lalala:

mainman

Set Trippin
britwva said:
Well , how much do ya think is "fresh" - they don't even have specials - I'm sorry i thought I was surrounded by water and fishermen, I hate crabcakes that's why i didn't order that - can't stand old bay seasoning. We weren't the only table complaining , I hate to think what the poor bastards got charged for the steamer basket - Even the kids grilled cheese sandwich was a crustables from the freezer - give me a break. The Fried Shrimp basket for $15 , consisted of 5 (wahoo) shrimp and a bunch of fries. Give me a break.
Easy............ don't go back

Midnightrider

britwva said:
I would expect only the stuff caught in local waters to be fresh. So that means that shrimp, tuna, and yes even grilled cheese might not be exactly "fresh"

likewise if i was in florida or california i wouldn't expect their blue crabs or rockfish to be the best either. But thats just me.......

bohman

britwva said:

:faint: Get out of Maryland. Right now.

sockgirl77

bohman said:
:faint: Get out of Maryland. Right now.
:yeahthat: I cannot believe that someone expects their seafood to be Old Bay free if they are eating Bay food. Why even go to a local seafood restaurant if you do not like it. Take your ass to Red Lobster. Then complain about frozen food. :rolleyes:

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
britwva said:

100% agree.....this place is terrible

jackers

I won't say it is bad but I won't say it is good either. I spent about 10 years on the North Carolina coast and you can definately tell the difference in the quality of seafood.

I just think they are a little overpriced for what you get.

ohstate

We were regulars at Stoneys in past summers, taking our boat up for dinner and drinks, but our last outing (and only outing this year) was a disappointment. The food was not up to their former standards (which was never great, but just decent fried food in a fun setting), and the service was weak. It tasted as if they hadn't cleaned/changed the fry oil in ages and the food was cold by the time it arrived. We've been going to Clarke's Landing more often this summer. I actually prefer their crabcakes and their burgers are quite good.