Time for a New Camera

ylexot

Super Genius
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082009canoneos1dsmarkiii.asp
Canon raises the stakes in the professional photography market with the launch of the 21 Megapixel, 5 frame per second EOS-1Ds Mark III. Delivering 14-bit depth resolution from a newly developed 35mm full frame CMOS sensor, Canon’s new flagship digital SLR produces files that convert to over 100MB uncompressed 16-bit TIFF, setting a new benchmark in image resolution and sharpness for 35mm-format digital photography.

As well as producing outstanding colour rendition, Dual DIGIC III processors drive 5 fps continuous shooting for up to 56 Large JPEGs (12 RAW) – unrivalled by any other camera at this resolution. This capacity to shoot such large images uninterrupted is regarded as a big driver in switching studio photographers to the EOS platform.

The EOS-1Ds Mark III inherits the new technology platform introduced earlier this year in the EOS-1D Mark III, including 63-zone exposure metering, 19 cross-type auto focus system, a 3.0” LCD with Live View mode and EOS Integrated Cleaning System. The Highlight Tone Priority function expands dynamic range for more depth and detail in bright areas. The launch is supported with the announcement of Canon’s new ultra wide-angle lens, the Lens 2.
:drool:

Nikon... :buttkick:

ylexot

Super Genius
Nikon makes good cameras, but their top-of-the-line (D2x...$4500) is being left in the dust by Canon who has multiple superior cameras.

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
From what I have heard, Nikon is going to introduce two new cameras this week sometime as well. One might just be a D200X and the other is somewhere at the top of their line.

Danzig

jbr13 said:
From what I have heard, Nikon is going to introduce two new cameras this week sometime as well. One might just be a D200X and the other is somewhere at the top of their line.
:elaine: What Jbr is trying to say is, I told him the new Nikons will be anounced tomorrow. I will post a link.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
ylexot said:
I remember at the announcement of the 1D Mark III you said you wanted to wait for the 1Ds. Hey, if you've got the $8K go for it. And I will :notworthy.

MLGTS08 said:
I LOVE my Nikon, but that looks like a nice camera.
Yeah... "nice". This camera is so awesome any other camera within 500 feet will spontaneously combust from inferiority. :lmao:

ylexot

Super Genius
Danzig said:
Gotta admit, that looks like it beats out the 5D...especially for only $1800.

Danzig said:
Tough to say which would win between that and the Canon. It seems that they went different directions on their top-of-the-lines. I guess the best camera there depends on what you need.

It's about time that Nikon showed up for the fight :razz:

ylexot

Super Genius
Actually, just looked at it some more...D3 seems to be on the same playing field as the 1D Mark III (not the 1Ds Mark III). The D3 seems to edge it out in most respects.

ylexot

Super Genius
hvp05 said:
I remember at the announcement of the 1D Mark III you said you wanted to wait for the 1Ds. Hey, if you've got the $8K go for it. And I will :notworthy.
Well, right now, I'm looking to buy a new BMW motorcycle for myself for my birthday. Maybe I'll buy it for myself for Christmas :lmao:

hvp05

Bronwyn said:
We just bought a Canon Rebel from a friend, and love it.
Did you post about wanting one? I would have gladly unloaded... I mean, offered you my old Rebel - still in fine shape.

B

Bronwyn

hvp05 said:
Did you post about wanting one? I would have gladly unloaded... I mean, offered you my old Rebel - still in fine shape.

How much?

hvp05

Bronwyn said:
How much?
It's one of the originals - 6.3 MP; bought it a little over 3 years ago.

I would include the kit lens, battery, and 2 1.0 GB cards...

... for $225.

Only thing is, I don't know how much life she has left in her. But she hasn't failed me yet. And actually, I barely use it now that I have my 30D, so it sits.

hvp05 said:

... for $225.

Only thing is, I don't know how much life she has left in her. But she hasn't failed me yet. And actually, I barely use it now that I have my 30D, so it sits.
Battery charger too?

rack'm

Jaded
hvp05 said:

... for $225.

I'd be interested in taking it next Friday, if it's not already gone. :shrug: