Truck Bed Liner - Spray-in - DIY

Dodgem250

Anyone ever sprayed your own truck bed liner with these "per gallon" products from local auto parts stores?

I thought I would shoot the bed liner before I took the truck off to the paint shop, just curious to know what the pros and cons are of the DIY technologies.

Thanks,
Dodgem

Anyone ever sprayed your own truck bed liner with these "per gallon" products from local auto parts stores?

I thought I would shoot the bed liner before I took the truck off to the paint shop, just curious to know what the pros and cons are of the DIY technologies.

Thanks,
Dodgem

I had mine done up in Lex Park. I considered doing it myself, but between the cost, the lack of tools, the warranty and the extreme potential for me making a real mess out of it, I just decided to spend the $450 for the "pro" job. The only thing they couldn't do that I would have been able to do was the inside wheel wells. Apparently, their spray gun needs 3 feet of space, and they just can't get into the wheel wells.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I would think a big "con" would be the potential for bedlining the exterior of your truck :lol:

"overspray" is NOT your friend

Dodgem250

I had mine done up in Lex Park. I considered doing it myself, but between the cost, the lack of tools, the warranty and the extreme potential for me making a real mess out of it, I just decided to spend the $450 for the "pro" job. The only thing they couldn't do that I would have been able to do was the inside wheel wells. Apparently, their spray gun needs 3 feet of space, and they just can't get into the wheel wells.

I guess the pros could not afford a jack to remove the wheels?

Dodgem250

I would think a big "con" would be the potential for bedlining the exterior of your truck :lol:

"overspray" is NOT your friend

Well, I have this big roll of brown paper in the shop, and of course, I have already planned the process of papering the proper areas. I've got all the equipment for the job, plus the proper nozzle, I've just never sprayed the stuff from the can before. It's not expensive at all and seems like a straight forward project, I just don't know anything about the future outcomes, say like, months down the road. Did it peel, delaminate, how tough is it, those sorts of things you don't find out for many months.