Original Sin are we....

Toxick

Splat
'Member the reason Christ was slaughtered?

I seem to remember hearing something about Jesus being executed and resurrected - and by doing so, has paid for all the sins of humanity, past, present and future.

willie

Original sin is one of those religous teachings that make about as much sense as me paying reparations to the blacks.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Makes for a Good Ozzy Song

I Don't Want to Change the World

Standing on the crossroads, world spinning round and round
Know which way I'm going, you can't bring me down
Don't you try and teach me no original sin
I don't need your pity for the shape I'm in

CHORUS
I don't wanna change the world
I don't want the world to change me
I don't want to change the world
I don't want the world to change me

Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you
You telling all the people the original sin
He says he knowsyou better than you'll ever know him

CHORUS

You know it ain't easy
You know it ain't fair
So don't try to please me
Because I really don't care

Don't tell me stories 'cause yesterday's glories
Have gone away, so far away
I've heard it said there's a light up ahead
Lord I hope and pray I'm here to stay

Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you
Don't you try and teach me no original sin
I don't need your pity for the shape I'm in

CHORUS

The gospel of Ozzy in the CD of No More Tears
amen

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Re: 'Member the reason Christ was slaughtered?

Originally posted by Toxick
I seem to remember hearing something about Jesus being executed and resurrected - and by doing so, has paid for all the sins of humanity, past, present and future.

:yeahthat:

But what would I know? I'm lumped under the "fundamentalizt" category. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I swore I wasn't going to engage, but now I'm interested.

What's the difference between "inheriting the sin" and merely "inheriting the consequences of the sin"? You're still being punished.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by zuchick
The consequences of Adam and Eve's Sin we still must contend with, the sins that actually commited we are no longer held accountable for.
Forigive me, but what kind of God forgives the sins you yourself committed, but kills you and gives you physical pain because of what someone else did? Does not compute.

willie

Not really.. What it boils down to this.

The Western Church's view on Original Sin which states that we are sinners because we inherited the sin or Adam and Eve which means that your children could be held accountable for your sins..
What do you mean by "Western Church"? I was born and raised a Catholic and all my schooling was Catholic schools and I never heard this. Loose translations are a very dangerous thing and IMHO religions are full of loose translations.

willie

Well then what did you learn in Catholic School about Original Sin?
Even in grade school I found it hard to believe that I was being punished because a couple of monkeys ate an apple. My requirement of proof grew along with age. There is a popular saying.....show me a link. My idea of Faith is that I myself will do something today to improve life for me and my family and it is up to me.

willie

Maybe you were out the day when they taught this from the Catechism, but if I may Willie:
If you show me where it says that I inherited the sins of MY MOM AND DAD then I'll agree that I dozed off a day in class. That would not be original sin.

K

Kain99

It's silly to argue over things that the Bible says....

The Bible contradicts itself over and over again. Not a huge suprise considering it's origins.

For example:

Leviticus 26:39
Those of you who are left will waste away in the lands of their enemies because of their sins; also because of their fathers' sins they will waste away.

2 Kings 14:6
Yet he did not put the sons of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the LORD commanded: "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins."

The Bible actually states some seriously disturbing things. ie.

Genesis 27:12
What if my father touches me? I would appear to be tricking him and would bring down a curse on myself rather than a blessing."

God does not expect us to follow the Bible blindly. He expects us to Use the intelligence he gave us, to discern between fact and fiction. :wink:

willie

Maybe I should restate that for clarification..

It is a Heterodox Concept to think we do things through the power of ourown will. That is to say that ourown will is more powerful then the Will of God.

I sure do believe man has Freewill, but what does the Heterodox Concept our will is more powerful then God's Will and to place our faith in ourown abilities and not in God is Grave Error.
Now you are saying that the Heterodox Concept says that man's will is more powerful than God's will. Are you sure they (whoever they are) teach that? Are you comparing these concepts with Christianity? It's beginning to sound like you are doing your own translation of Scripture. It sounds like you are saying that everything we do is God's doing. What is the purpose of this puppet show? No one is responsible for their actions?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Kain99
The Bible contradicts itself over and over again. Not a huge suprise considering it's origins...

God does not expect us to follow the Bible blindly. He expects us to Use the intelligence he gave us, to discern between fact and fiction. :wink:

I would agree. The Bible has been translated over and over, and the meanings of words change over time. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Adam and Eve will really dinosaurs.

I've written here before about my idea that the Garden of Eden story is a metaphor for the price humans paid for developing sentience. I don't believe that the Bible can be interpreted literally. As a historical document (as opposed to its enormous spiritual value), it's about as accurate as Homer's Iliad.

willie

Here you go Willie is your proof thanks to Kain.

2 Kings 14:6 Yet he did not put the sons of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the LORD commanded: "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins."

However that no longer applies since:

Deuteronomy 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Are you now saying that I'm not going to get punished for what my Dad did?

K

Kain99

Myself I relize myown limitations and look to the Church and the church Fathers for Guidance. I am a fool and realize I need help to understand the Word of God.
It's always good to have a little help with the Bible but let me throw a caution flag here.

Be careful who you follow Zu.... We are supposed to follow God. Not a Church or it's leaders. You can find yourself in a world of trouble if you rely solely on the words of others. :wink:

willie

Zuchuck, If you proof read before you post you might (might not) see why this thread has gone into the crapper.