The Day After Tomorrow

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Rocks. I watched it twice this week, and can't wait to watch it again. The plot was predictable, but the special fx are great.

Jameo

What?!
elaine said:
Rocks. I watched it twice this week, and can't wait to watch it again. The plot was predictable, but the special fx are great.

Great flick!! Makes you cold just watching it!

Do you think it's okay to let my 12 year old son watch it... I wanna see it and he would want to... but is it going to freak him out too bad...:confused:

K

Kizzy

Speaking of kids, I let the boys watch Bruce Almighty over the weekend, and they had memorized lines in the movie. It was actually comical listening to them rattle off lines in the back seat of my truck. I just hope they don't go to school and do it. :razz:

The Day After Tomorrow, fantastic special effects. :cheers:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
Do you think it's okay to let my 12 year old son watch it... I wanna see it and he would want to... but is it going to freak him out too bad...:confused:

It's kind of a dooms-day theme, with survivors. I don't know your kid or how he would react, so that's a call you'll have to make yourself. It does have an upbeat, positive ending.

elaine said:
It's kind of a dooms-day theme, with survivors. I don't know your kid or how he would react, so that's a call you'll have to make yourself. It does have an upbeat, positive ending.
Cool. He can handle "dooms-day with survivors and an upbeat, positive ending"... I just didn't want him watching it if the final message was "WE ARE ALL DOOMED KISS YOUR AZZ GOODBYE" :yikes:

I will get pick it up today! :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Got a copy Tuesday at Wally, $14.00
Great effects and story line but the last few minutes get kind of tree huggy

Dangit... I wish I would of read THIS before I bought it today...:shocking:

There was no "Day After Tomorrow" for Charles Alton Adams' mobile home, which the south Georgia man told police he set on fire after watching the disaster movie and drinking beer.

He told deputies that after watching "The Day After Tomorrow," a special-effects extravaganza depicting deadly natural disasters caused by global warming, and drinking nine or 10 beers, he decided to set fire to pillows on his bed.

Christy

b*tch rocket
See, I thought it was a really dumb movie. :shrug: The special effects are good, but WAY too hokie and predictable.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Christy said:
See, I thought it was a really dumb movie. :shrug: The special effects are good, but WAY too hokie and predictable.
Super cells could conceivably bring upper atmosphere extreme cold to the surface. The winds would have to be tremendous. I don't know how fast they would have to be, but I think it would be faster than depicted in the movie.

I liked the movie. It did get "preachy", but I believe we need to get away from oil as an energy source. Hydrogen would be good since it produces water when burned. I know; I'm too serious. :ohwell: