Deer Hunters,"Fallow Deer" Pics

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
If you have never seen one,here is one from yesterday.(Fallow Deer)
FDressed at 172lbs.Was 5.3 years old.

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 358
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 259
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 282

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I know I will get reamed for this... but how can a person be proud of killing a defensless animal. I know over population and all. Blah, Blah, Blah. Its still not right. OK now let me have it!!!!

SeaRide

baileydog

to answer your 'tard' question which will warrant a 'tard' answer

James White is in Wildlife management.

Now , can you say "duh"?

how about open season on those snakehead fish?

Now, can you say "duh"?

TIA

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I dont have a clue what that was about. But "duh". I somewhat understand if deer is your only food source. But to stalk a poor animal walking through the woods is just mean. And who cares about snake fish. As far as I am concerned, you can keep your "BLOODY DEAD DEER" pics to yourself. They make a much nicer picture frolicking in the woods by a stream. So take that all you bambi killers.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
baileydog said:
I dont have a clue what that was about. But "duh". I somewhat understand if deer is your only food source. But to stalk a poor animal walking through the woods is just mean. And who cares about snake fish. As far as I am concerned, you can keep your "BLOODY DEAD DEER" pics to yourself. They make a much nicer picture frolicking in the woods by a stream. So take that all you bambi killers.
Who cares about Snake heads huh? Well we'll see what happens when there's no fish left to "catch and release." Lets just see what happens to the river.

Oh yeah and for anyone interested, I'm so excited, I'm going hunting for the first time tomorrow. I'm gonna shoot me a biggun!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
baileydog said:
I suppose that you would rather just get that packaged and processed meat that was so civilly obtained - NOT. At least with hunting the animal has a chance to survive, unlike the mass processed animal that knows nothing of freedom and lives only to end up on someone’s dinner table.

Besides, deer (or venison) is probably the best red meat a person could consume, extremely lean, nutritious, and mighty tasty (something you won’t get from your pictures). It takes skill to obtain one and a joy that someone like you would never understand.

As to the snakehead fish that has been introduced into the area it is a threat to all other species of fish that make up our ecosystem. Unless it is taken care of in the most vigorous manner it will impact all of us. If you were as concerned about the wildlife as you claim it would concern you too. But I guess you are only a wannabe eco-freak and know nothing about what you try to speak to or you would know that hunting helps the surviving herd to become healthier and stronger.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Ehesef said:
Oh yeah and for anyone interested, I'm so excited, I'm going hunting for the first time tomorrow. I'm gonna shoot me a biggun!
May your luck be good, your hands steady, and your aim be true. Big or small makes no difference as long as you succeed. Be safe out there, be patient, positively identify your target, wait for that best shot, and most of all enjoy yourself.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
appyday said:
repeat positively identify your target, positively identify your target, positively identify your target, positively identify your target, positively identify your target. Good luck and have fun!!
I'll try not to hit you appy, but if you come traipsing through my hunting grounds with an orange slicker on, I might be tempted :wink:

Thanks Ken for the good luck!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I have a question: It seems to me a year or two ago, I heard lots of noise about a serious deer overpopulation in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania. And true to form, I saw several deer along side the roads here.

Does that still hold true, or have the herds been culled down somewhat.

I haven't seen that many along RTE 4, on the way, or from work like I used to, or have they gone and adopted the "Realtree look"?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
I have a question: It seems to me a year or two ago, I heard lots of noise about a serious deer overpopulation in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania. And true to form, I saw several deer along side the roads here.

Does that still hold true, or have the herds been culled down somewhat.

I haven't seen that many along RTE 4, on the way, or from work like I used to, or have they gone and adopted the "Realtree look"?
I would say that they are still in abundance based on increased firearm seasons and the season bag limits. With all the buiding in the area it will take some work to thin them out so that they aren't as bad a hazard as they have become over the years.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
I would say that they are still in abundance based on increased firearm seasons and the season bag limits. With all the buiding in the area it will take some work to thin them out so that they aren't as bad a hazard as they have become over the years.
OK, like I said, I just haven't seen that many this year so far. Maybe two, just after Sou. Patuxent Bch. Rd, coming home at arounf 7:00pm.

That's it.

What is your prefered deer firearm, and what do you use for ammo type?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Penn said:
OK, like I said, I just haven't seen that many this year so far. Maybe two, just after Sou. Patuxent Bch. Rd, coming home at arounf 7:00pm.

That's it.

What is your prefered deer firearm, and what do you use for ammo type?
Depends on where I go, in the mountains of western Virginia (Bath County) I use a 25-06 with .257 boattail 100 grain rounds. It goes a long way and doesn't drop much at all. Around here I use a Winchester Model 1200 pump (12 gauge) loaded with Federal 2 and 3/4 wasp-waist slugs. Lately though what I really like to use is my Ruger BP-7, a .45 cal black powder revolver with the .457 round ball. Really nice in thick stuff when shots will be of the 50 to 75 yard range and extremely easy to tote around with a cross draw slimjim holster.