Deer Hunters,"Fallow Deer" Pics

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ken King said:
Lately though what I really like to use is my Ruger BP-7, a .45 cal black powder revolver with the .457 round ball. Really nice in thick stuff when shots will be of the 50 to 75 yard range and extremely easy to tote around with a cross draw slimjim holster.
Serious!! That must kick like, oh alright, a mule! What is the barrel length on this howitzer, anyhow?
Back to reality, after trying to envision this thing - .457 - huh? If you're in the woods, 50 to 75 yds is plenty enough range, but how's the accuracy?

Single shot, I'd imagine?

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Penn said:
That's it.
Those are just the ones you see by the road. There are far more that get struck by cars and drag themselves off into the woods. A deer is a very stubborn animal with a tremendous will to live. Sometimes it takes more than a Mack truck to stop them.

BTW, I had no idea Fallow deer got that big or that we even had them that close to us.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Penn said:
Serious!! That must kick like, oh alright, a mule! What is the barrel length on this howitzer, anyhow?
Back to reality, after trying to envision this thing - .457 - huh? If you're in the woods, 50 to 75 yds is plenty enough range, but how's the accuracy?

Single shot, I'd imagine?
Barrel length is 7 and 1/2, handles like a breeze because of its weight. At that range I can keep all shots well within a pie pan (probably a four inch spread). It's a six-shot revolver so I can only use it here during shotgun season.

K

Kizzy

The deer population needs to be knocked down badly in this area. I pulled in my driveway Tuesday evening and one is standing in my driveway. :killingme I said man if the hubby saw this, he'd have a cow.

greenbag13

Make the voices stop!!!!!
baileydog said:
I know I will get reamed for this... but how can a person be proud of killing a defensless animal. I know over population and all. Blah, Blah, Blah. Its still not right. OK now let me have it!!!!

In the words of the great Uncle Ted... "The only defensless animals are sitting on your grocers shelf"

Magnum

Should be Huntin
James White said:
If you have never seen one,here is one from yesterday.(Fallow Deer)
FDressed at 172lbs.Was 5.3 years old.

My dad killed a deer that looked very similar to that a long time ago, Before my time, it was about 170 lb dressed and had the webbed antlers, with funny looking ears. He cut the rack off because he could not afford to mount it. He has a picture, black and white, but it shows that the deer had lots of white spots on it