Photos of what concept 2005 Camaro could look like.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Oooo...I really like that better than the new Mustangs. I like the old 60's Camaro too.

Anybody see the commercial for the new Chevy Cobalt? In the commercial they make it seem like a hotrod (V8 RWD), but it turns out, it's just another riceracerwannabe. I was disapointed when I found out it was front wheel drive and no V8.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
huntr1 said:
Anybody see the commercial for the new Chevy Cobalt? In the commercial they make it seem like a hotrod (V8 RWD), but it turns out, it's just another riceracerwannabe. I was disapointed when I found out it was front wheel drive and no V8.

The hot rod in the Cobalt commercial is the new C6 Corvette... :cool:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I sure do like the looks of that car. It looks really cool, especially the one painted green w/white stripes.Those are some huge wheels on those cars! :yay:

willie

I really wonder what these designers are thinking when they come up with some of these models. Where are you going to put the front plate? The solution that GM has for the 2005 C6 is to drill 3 holes above the grille opening and mount this wedge shaped bracket. Now you have this beautiful model sporting a huge pimple. A Viper has the same problem and both cars will run hot with anything in the opening. These prototypes look slick but what's the purpose?

And if you do a search, you will see that we already had a drool fest over the magnum some months ago.:rolleyes:

joeyinlexpark

Back In Hometown NY
willie said:
I really wonder what these designers are thinking when they come up with some of these models. Where are you going to put the front plate? The solution that GM has for the 2005 C6 is to drill 3 holes above the grille opening and mount this wedge shaped bracket. Now you have this beautiful model sporting a huge pimple. A Viper has the same problem and both cars will run hot with anything in the opening. These prototypes look slick but what's the purpose?

Are you kidding me? Who cares where the plate would go? If your in Maryland and you get one they will have somewheres to mount a plate, heck theres a huge opening in the front where they can put the frame for the plate, most likely place to put it. Then in states that dont require a front plate your good to go. I would like to see that put into production but the camaro isnt scheduled to make a comeback unitll 07 at the earliest, Trans-am wont be made though.

Sorry Willie, The Camaro will not run hot if there is a plate there, there is a huge airdamn underneath the car that sucks up air that takes it to the intake. Been that way on all the Camaros since 93. :razz:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
huntr1 said:
And if you do a search, you will see that we already had a drool fest over the magnum some months ago.:rolleyes:

I got an RT Magnum about 5 or 6 months ago, it's a fun car but it gets to much attention. Everywhere I stop people ask me about it which is fine, but one time I actually had people open my doors trying to get a closer look, While I was in the car and told them not to touch it. I'm half tempted to get rid of it but I will have to wait a while

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Here is my Magnum

Attachments

• Car1.jpg
    Car1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 107
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 107

dustin

UAIOE
I like the front end/grill on the green one better than the orange one. It would be sweet if the grill over the headlights would slide out of the way if the lights are turned on. :yay:

I think the overall design is a lot easier on the eyes than the new mustang. the wheelbase looks shorter too, with less body hanging over the wheels.

MerF

You smell funny
Does anyone really believe that GM is going to fall off the common sense tree and hit all the branches on the way down?

This car will not be put into production, at least I don't believe it will. It makes too much sense. GM would much ratehr re-design a GRAND AM, slap an aged V-8 and RWD on it and market it by defacing a classic....the GTO.

I'm a General fan, I'm working on my second Camaro project currently, so I'm not slandering just to do it, I'm just a pissed off consumer that hates the fact that nothing that General Motors does anymore is original or worth a crap....save for the Corvette division, the C6 is perfect...but that's it.

All they would be doing with teh release of the 5th gen Camaro is riding the Ford bandwagon with the release of the '05 Stang...it's sad that these *******s can't do anythign without seeing if one of the otehr big three can do it successfully first.

[/rant] (I get the feeling this will be my first noob-bashing/red karma-fest).

willie

joeyinlexpark said:
Are you kidding me? Who cares where the plate would go? If your in Maryland and you get one they will have somewheres to mount a plate, heck theres a huge opening in the front where they can put the frame for the plate, most likely place to put it. Then in states that dont require a front plate your good to go. I would like to see that put into production but the camaro isnt scheduled to make a comeback unitll 07 at the earliest, Trans-am wont be made though.

Sorry Willie, The Camaro will not run hot if there is a plate there, there is a huge airdamn underneath the car that sucks up air that takes it to the intake. Been that way on all the Camaros since 93. :razz:
Sure Joey, they did find a place to put it. Look at this beautiful design:

Attachments

• Sat_12.jpg
    Sat_12.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 128