Aieeeeeeeee Mice!!!!

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I haven't posted here in awhile, but I need some advice. All of the sudden, my house is infested with mice. I have tried the no-kill traps (where they get trapped in a little box), but they won't go inside them. I've tried the regular traps, but they eat the bait without ever setting off the trap! I've eliminated all possible food sources, but I still hear them and see them (and find their "leavings"). I won't get a cat because I already have a dog and I don't want the responsibility of another pet... argh!!!

Anyone have any helpful hints? :twitch:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
seasquirt said:
I haven't posted here in awhile, but I need some advice. All of the sudden, my house is infested with mice. I have tried the no-kill traps (where they get trapped in a little box), but they won't go inside them. I've tried the regular traps, but they eat the bait without ever setting off the trap! I've eliminated all possible food sources, but I still hear them and see them (and find their "leavings"). I won't get a cat because I already have a dog and I don't want the responsibility of another pet... argh!!!

http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?t=43920

morganj614

seasquirt said:

Poison, plain and simple. comes in little boxes and it works. I live in the woods so I know.

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
Poison, plain and simple. comes in little boxes and it works. I live in the woods so I know.

I disagree... once you have the mouse poisoned and dying... what if the dog comes across poisoned mouse and eats it.... :shrug:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
I disagree... once you have the mouse poisoned and dying... what if the dog comes across poisoned mouse and eats it.... :shrug:
That happened to our poor Cassie. She was sick for days. Now if she sees a mouse she totally ignores it. It's pretty funny to watch stick her nose up in the air and walk the other way.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
crabcake said:
:yeahthat: them things WORK! :really: they're pricey up front at $20/each, but they kill the little bastages and if you're not far away when it does, you get the pleasure of actually hearing it fry 'em! :evillaugh: :biggrin:
I got one due to your earlier thread. :yay: That little bastage was too smart for everything else. This had him buffaloed. Zap! Gone!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
:yeahthat: them things WORK! :really: they're pricey up front at $20/each, but they kill the little bastages and if you're not far away when it does, you get the pleasure of actually hearing it fry 'em! :evillaugh: :biggrin:
What do you bait them with?

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I really don't want to use poison, both because of the dog and because I'm afraid my house would end up smelling like dead mice if they died somewhere inside the walls.

Aps, the traps WERE baited with peanut butter! Weird, huh?

So I checked out that Victor mouse-zapper. What exactly makes the mouse want to go inside it? They've already ignored the no-kill traps, even though they were full of peanut butter.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
bresamil said:
I got one due to your earlier thread. :yay: That little bastage was too smart for everything else. This had him buffaloed. Zap! Gone!
:clap: :thewave: I'll never buy another mouse trap again!

DoWhat said:
What do you bait them with?
I use peanut butter.

Seasquirt ... you might wanna take a look at where you're placing your traps. You need to place them against a wall which is where a mouse typically runs. :yay:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
crabcake said:
:clap: :thewave: I'll never buy another mouse trap again!

I use peanut butter.

Seasquirt ... you might wanna take a look at where you're placing your traps. You need to place them against a wall which is where a mouse typically runs. :yay:

CC- It just struck me this trap is the second thing I've gone with based on your "consumer reports". I think I owe you a consulting fee! :lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
bresamil said:
CC- It just struck me this trap is the second thing I've gone with based on your "consumer reports". I think I owe you a consulting fee! :lmao:
:getdown:

what was the other? :confused:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
seasquirt said:
Aps, the traps WERE baited with peanut butter! Weird, huh?
Had that problem in Hawaii, bugs were eating the peanutbutter before the mice. Went with the glue traps placed under the edge of the cabinets in the kitchen.