I need to find out...

TWLs wife

How to use a rice cooker instuctions. Why is because I bought my rice cooker at a thief store.
Thanks for your time.

TWLs wife

aps45819 said:
are there instructions on the rice package?
Yes, But the this rice cooker is a Steamer as well. I'll give you the name of it ( RIVAL Automatic Rice Cooker / Steamer).

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
TWL's wife said:
Yes, But the this rice cooker is a Steamer as well. I'll give you the name of it ( RIVAL Automatic Rice Cooker / Steamer).
Those only work for the bulk non-processed rice. Don't try to use it for Uncle Bens/Minute rice.
What happens when you google RIVAL Automatic Rice Cooker/Steamer + instructions ?

TWLs wife

aps45819 said:
Those only work for the bulk non-processed rice. Don't try to use it for Uncle Bens/Minute rice.
What happens when you google RIVAL Automatic Rice Cooker/Steamer + instructions ?
It didn't have any. There was no box with it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Fill the bottom up to the water line, just above the heating element..

Fill the solid Plastic "bowl" with one cup rice 2/3 cup water.. Or two cups of rice and 1 1/3 cup water.

Put the BIG plastic piece with the holes in the bottom on top of the big piece you filled with water, the "Rice Bowl" goes inside of that, put the lid on.. set timer to 40 miutes for the one cup, 55 minutes for the two cup..

unixpirate

Pitty Party
TWL's wife said:
How to use a rice cooker instuctions. Why is because I bought my rice cooker at a thief store.
Thanks for your time.

I have one. I swear by it. ( you ought to see me swearing by it too. It don't like it! ) :lol:

Makes great sushi rice also. Shoot I make great sushi what am I sayin'. :otter:

Anway, use it like you would a regular pot. 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. and so on.. and so on. and so on.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
unixpirate said:
I have one. I swear by it. ( you ought to see me swearing by it too. It don't like it! ) :lol:

Makes great sushi rice also. Shoot I make great sushi what am I sayin'. :otter:

Anway, use it like you would a regular pot. 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. and so on.. and so on. and so on.
From Rivals website:
HOW TO USE YOUR RICE COOKER
1. Measure the amount of rice you would like to cook. A 2/3 cup (160 ml) MEASURING CUP is included with your RICE COOKER. Filling the MEASURING CUP with uncooked rice will make about 2 cups of cooked rice.

NOTE: The RICE COOKER is capable of cooking up to 8 full MEASURING CUPS of uncooked rice. Many varieties of rice can be used, including basmati, wild rice, black rice, Arborio, risotto, saffron rice, short and long grain. Do not use instant rice with this RICE COOKER. Whole grains such as barley can also be prepared with the RICE COOKER. Follow package directions.

2. Wash the measured rice in a separate bowl, if desired.

3. Put rice in the INNER POT and add water. The ratio of rice to water is 1 to 1 1/4 of the plastic measuring cup included with your unit. For example, to cook 4 cups of uncooked rice, add 5 MEASURING CUPS of water. Adjust the amount of water to your personal taste.

4. Brown rice will take longer to cook. We suggest adding an additional 3/4 cup of water.

5. Set the INNER POT into the rice cooker. Make sure that the INNER POT is in direct contact with the HEATING PLATE by turning it slightly from left to right until it properly fits onto the heating plate.

PJumper

TWL's wife said:
Thanks for your time.

There should be water level markings on the side of the bottom pot. Just match the water level to the number of cups rice you're planning to cook. If the rice bag has a sticker or note that it's a new product, decrease water level by quarter inch. Same instruction for long grain and fancy rice.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:
Fill the bottom up to the water line, just above the heating element..

Fill the solid Plastic "bowl" with one cup rice 2/3 cup water.. Or two cups of rice and 1 1/3 cup water.

Put the BIG plastic piece with the holes in the bottom on top of the big piece you filled with water, the "Rice Bowl" goes inside of that, put the lid on.. set timer to 40 miutes for the one cup, 55 minutes for the two cup..
DAMN nobody believed me!! And i was CLOSE just a little short on the water part..