Mini Pocket Bike...HELP!!!

nawty1

Poker Shark
Does anyone know about these little fellas? My mom got one for my boys as a xmas gift, they rode for about 40 mins. no problem. Then my ex had to put his fat arse on it and now the carb is leaking and it won't start :confused: . I have tried the tapping trick but haven't actually pulled the carb to see if the float is stuck. Just wondering if anyone has a clue.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
nawty1 said:
Does anyone know about these little fellas? My mom got one for my boys as a xmas gift, they rode for about 40 mins. no problem. Then my ex had to put his fat arse on it and now the carb is leaking and it won't start :confused: . I have tried the tapping trick but haven't actually pulled the carb to see if the float is stuck. Just wondering if anyone has a clue.
First Clue: They're cheap Chinese crap.
Second Clue: You might get be able to get it worked on at a small engine/lawnmower repair place.
Third Clue: get the X to fix it.

nawty1

Poker Shark
Yeah...I know they are junk. But she couldn't afford a "real" mini bike for them. They are just starting to learn to ride (6 & 9 yrs old) so guess she was just trying to make them smile. And the ex is the ex for a reason..haha.. :deadhorse

Guess the lawnmower place is looking pretty darn good right about now! Thanks!

Ponytail

If the ex was indeed too big to ride it, and said ex rode it for any amount of time, the motor was prolly bogged and is now fouled. The carb is leaking fuel cuz the fuel has no place to go.

Pull the spark plug and clean it off really good. A Quick LITE wire brush job should do the trick, or simply replace the plug.

get a can of ether (starting fluid) and give it a quick shot into the carb. These pistons are SMALL so don't over do it with the ether.

It should start right up...and let it run. Let your kids run it. It'll smoke like hell for while cuz of all the fuel that's in it, but once it clears, it should run fine. Just keep the ex off of it.

If that doesn't work, a small engine repair shop, I agree, is your best bet.

Good luck

Last edited:

nawty1

Poker Shark
Thanks! I will try that. Lookin' like tomorrow is gonna be a great day to work on it too! And the ex is gonna be NOWHERE near this poor little thing again...the boys both told him that he is not allowed to touch it anymore :killingme

Ponytail

nawty1 said:
Thanks! I will try that. Lookin' like tomorrow is gonna be a great day to work on it too! And the ex is gonna be NOWHERE near this poor little thing again...the boys both told him that he is not allowed to touch it anymore :killingme

:whistle:

nawty1

Poker Shark
UPDATE! Okay, so after checking the spark plug (looked fine!) I decided to go ahead and give it one more shot at starting. As I am pulling on the string I smell gas...arrrg! what now?!?! Gas is pouring out of the drain hose that comes off carb. Sooooo frustrating! Decided to go ahead and yank the carb and get inside to see what was going on. After unscrewing many many screws to get to the motor, realized that it was too much headache! Putting it back together today...called ex and told him he was responsible for fixing it since he should have not attempted to put his 200 lbs arse on it! Kids are dissapointed that I could not fix it since the weather this week has been awesome and they are stuck with using pedals to ride their bikes :ohwell:

I will let you all know what the outcome is. Hopefully they will be up on 2 (motorized) wheels next week :yay:

nawty1

Poker Shark
So not to confuse anyone...It HAD stopped leaking gas for a few days, so I figured maybe the gas leaking part was fixed wooohooo! Thought maybe just the spark plug was fouled and it would be an easy fix buuut once I started messing with it, the darn thing started leaking again, but worse this time.

:whack: :whack: :whack: blonde working on minibike :lmao:

Ponytail

nawty1 said:
So not to confuse anyone...It HAD stopped leaking gas for a few days, so I figured maybe the gas leaking part was fixed wooohooo! Thought maybe just the spark plug was fouled and it would be an easy fix buuut once I started messing with it, the darn thing started leaking again, but worse this time.

:whack: :whack: :whack: blonde working on minibike :lmao:

:banghead:

Blonde working on mini-bike needs to re-read the post by another blonde that explained to you why it was "leaking gas" and how to get it running again.

Eh-hem...starting fluid. :whistle:

I'd be VERY surprised if the starting fluid trick didn't work. At least I would have been before you tried taking apart the carb and all of the "little screws" :bonk:

Ponytail

nawty1 said:
Kids are dissapointed that I could not fix it since the weather this week has been awesome and they are stuck with using pedals to ride their bikes ...

Oh the horror! Kids these days shouldn't have to pedal their way around town. Everything else that they have to do and deal with is so difficult. :lol:

nawty1

Poker Shark
Oooopsie! Haha...guess I SHOULD have read it better! Guess I have to make a trip to AutoZone for starting fluid! Oh..don't worry, didn't take any little screws out of carb...got to frustrated..guess that was a GOOD thing!

Okay, lemme make a run to the Zone and try that before giving it over to the ex.

Yeah, I used to LOVE riding my manual bike..okay, before I got my dirtbike! Then I became a trail happy kid! Nothin' better than bugs and tree limbs smacking you in the face...owwwch or even better...dropping it in the creek hahaha.

From one blonde to another....THANKS!!! :banana:

dustin

UAIOE
nawty1 said:
Oooopsie! Haha...guess I SHOULD have read it better! Guess I have to make a trip to AutoZone for starting fluid! Oh..don't worry, didn't take any little screws out of carb...got to frustrated..guess that was a GOOD thing!

Okay, lemme make a run to the Zone and try that before giving it over to the ex.

Yeah, I used to LOVE riding my manual bike..okay, before I got my dirtbike! Then I became a trail happy kid! Nothin' better than bugs and tree limbs smacking you in the face...owwwch or even better...dropping it in the creek hahaha.

From one blonde to another....THANKS!!! :banana:

hey at least you know what a carb float is.....

most women (or men for that matter) would think its some kind of pool toy

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dustin said:
hey at least you know what a carb float is.....

most women (or men for that matter) would think its some kind of pool toy
Thought it was an Atkins friendly drink.