Shotgun Optics

I need a new scope for my shotgun. I use an 870 that is a dedicated deer gun. Fully rifled Hastings barrel. Leupold saddle mount w/ weaver base. Since I hunt in the woods, I don't need a long range type scope. I am thinking of going with either a Red Dot or Holo Sight scope. With both of these scopes, I would have unlimited eye relief and the ability to have both eyes open when shooting to allow for larger field of view. Any thoughts?

C

CapsFan

huntr1 said:
I need a new scope for my shotgun. I use an 870 that is a dedicated deer gun. Fully rifled Hastings barrel. Leupold saddle mount w/ weaver base. Since I hunt in the woods, I don't need a long range type scope. I am thinking of going with either a Red Dot or Holo Sight scope. With both of these scopes, I would have unlimited eye relief and the ability to have both eyes open when shooting to allow for larger field of view. Any thoughts?

Hunter, I have one (red Dot) mounted on my 870, I'll PM you and we can hook up and you can try it out for yourself.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've used...

...the orange ghost ring before, but not for game. MMC???

I would think this should work. I liked them alot. Very quick to aquire, quick to re-aquire after a shot.

I ended up getting the Red Head 1.5-4.5x32 shotgun scope. Very bright scope, excellent visability of the circle x crosshairs. I also checked out a Bushnell. Didn't like it anywhere near as much. Very dark w/ faint crosshairs. Could barely see them. Had the scope mounted and borescoped while I waited. Now I just have to get a chance to go sight it in.