Decision Time...

Wha tsay you?

• Fight, brother! Fight the power! We're with you!

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Shut up and fork over the semolians

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have a court date 8:30 Friday AM.

Do I go tomorrow and pay the damn $75 and be done with it (only thing on my record, last ticket 9 years ago)

Or do I go fight for justice? For you and me?

(this is my speeding ticket BTW for those who perhaps had something better to do than keep up with the wheels of justice)

The excuse:

"Your honor, you look very fine today by the way. Is that a new robe? The color suits you SO fine. It is my intention today to right a wrong. This fine officer you see here today is being, by the way, is that a new holster? It goes with your ensemble SO nice, so very nice. Anyway, your worship, this here excellent officer is being MISUSED, misapplied I say, misdeployed and Miss USA'd, which is to say he is one fine, fine looking officer don't you think, your Emminence?

To wit, he is being FORCED by his lazy ass, greedy superiors to sit, SIT I say, like some peeping Tom, waiting for the smallest violation, as some second rate tax collector, instead of boldly patrolling our fair streets as he was so obviously born to do.

Your Ceasr-ness, shall we, as a people, stand idle while such a limited, needed and brave resource such as this officer is thus abused by those nefarious rapscallions, sitting behind desks, mocking your authority as local potentate, concocting low brow chores in order for this man to earn his daily bread?

I say NO, your honor! No! To speedtraps. NO to wasteful expenditures of such honorable volunteers to the cause, NO, to ENTRAPMENT!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
You're better off fighting it. You can usually get off with just some community service and NO points on your license.

mainman

Set Trippin
Were you speeding? If so, an honest citizen like yourself should pay the fine for breaking the law...

If not, fight the good fight...:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See? This stuff runs in our family.

Larry, pay the friggin' ticket. You were speeding. You got busted. The end.

Remember when I wanted to fight my seatbelt ticket and you said I should just pay it? Besides, what are you going to say to the judge? "Yes, your Honor, I was indeed speeding - 65 in a 30, to be exact. But I think speed limits are bad and unConstitutional, therefore this ticket - nay, ALL tickets - should be thrown out."

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jazz lady said:
You're better off fighting it. You can usually get off with just some community service and NO points on your license.
Giving back money found = okay. Stealing from the State = okay. :confused:

V

Vixen

cattitude said:
You go to court, admit your guilt. If your record is clean, you will walk.

:yeahthat: Don't give excuses - just admit guilt and that your record is clean.

Seems the norm is to order a donation to the local drug program.

Good luck.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Does the Frederick County state's attorney allow speeders to settle their tickets outside the court system? I know many people in St. Mary's who have done a week of community service, or made a donation to Project Graduation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was speeding like...

mainman said:
Were you speeding? If so, an honest citizen like yourself should pay the fine for breaking the law...

If not, fight the good fight...:yay:

...David Letterman. 51 in a 35

It's just that it was 9:30 PM, had just dropped the kids at voice lesson, the road was EMPTY and it's a wide open, downhill, made to speed spot.

You HAVE to apply breaks as you come down the hill or you WILL go over the 35mph limit.

Attica!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Man screw that...

Tonio said:
Does the Frederick County state's attorney allow speeders to settle their tickets outside the court system? I know many people in St. Mary's who have done a week of community service, or made a donation to Project Graduation.

...I gotta spend this money I found...

V

Vixen

Larry Gude said:
...David Letterman. 51 in a 35

It's just that it was 9:30 PM, had just dropped the kids at voice lesson, the road was EMPTY and it's a wide open, downhill, made to speed spot.

You HAVE to apply breaks as you come down the hill or you WILL go over the 35mph limit.

Attica!

Judge isn't going to want to hear that. :lol: Maybe you outta just pay the fine.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:

I just knew somebody would bust me on this. :lol: Maybe "fighting" wasn't the right word or phrase to use - I just used Larry's. Maybe "argue your case to the judge" would have been preferable to gain leniency. That is the way the court system works.

How is going to court over a ticket "stealing"? The last ticket I had (one of only two and over 10 years ago, tyvm) I went to court over. They doubled the fine and gave me PBJ, meaning the points would be dropped if I didn't get another ticket in a YEAR. I don't think they came out behind at all and I definitely wasn't stealing from THEM as they got TWICE the money. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Stealing From The State!?!?!!?!?!?

Chasey_Lane said:

OHMYGOD.

Do they KNOW who I am? Stealing...from them...my ass. Why, he should have pulled me over and thanked me for all the good I do in the community.

Prince Gude, says I.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, but YOU...

Remember when I wanted to fight my seatbelt ticket and you said I should just pay it?

...had no decent excuse. You WERE trying to kill the children!

I wasn't TRYING to speed. It was...an accident.

Tri

Thank you, come again.
Larry Gude said:
I have a court date 8:30 Friday AM.

Do I go tomorrow and pay the damn $75 and be done with it (only thing on my record, last ticket 9 years ago)

Or do I go fight for justice? For you and me?

(this is my speeding ticket BTW for those who perhaps had something better to do than keep up with the wheels of justice)

The excuse:

"Your honor, you look very fine today by the way. Is that a new robe? The color suits you SO fine. It is my intention today to right a wrong. This fine officer you see here today is being, by the way, is that a new holster? It goes with your ensemble SO nice, so very nice. Anyway, your worship, this here excellent officer is being MISUSED, misapplied I say, misdeployed and Miss USA'd, which is to say he is one fine, fine looking officer don't you think, your Emminence?

To wit, he is being FORCED by his lazy ass, greedy superiors to sit, SIT I say, like some peeping Tom, waiting for the smallest violation, as some second rate tax collector, instead of boldly patrolling our fair streets as he was so obviously born to do.

Your Ceasr-ness, shall we, as a people, stand idle while such a limited, needed and brave resource such as this officer is thus abused by those nefarious rapscallions, sitting behind desks, mocking your authority as local potentate, concocting low brow chores in order for this man to earn his daily bread?

I say NO, your honor! No! To speedtraps. NO to wasteful expenditures of such honorable volunteers to the cause, NO, to ENTRAPMENT!
If your last ticket was 9 years ago, they will definitely give you community service, and then alls you have to do is give up your time and $25.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jazz lady said:
How is going to court over a ticket "stealing"? The last ticket I had (one of only two and over 10 years ago, tyvm) I went to court over. They doubled the fine and gave me PBJ, meaning the points would be dropped if I didn't get another ticket in a YEAR. I don't think they came out behind at all and I definitely wasn't stealing from THEM as they got TWICE the money. :shrug:
It's stealing if someone is owed monies and you try to swindle out of it. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Community Service???

Tri said:
If your last ticket was 9 years ago, they will definitely give you community service, and then alls you have to do is give up your time and $25.

Maybe they'll make me a cop for a week? I'll SHOOT speeders!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Gandhi and Lenin did much of their political writing while in prison, helping to further their causes. Maybe we should have a special section of the Forum, where Larry will post from in stir:

"Day 254: I found out that the warden is a Cowboys fan. As he walked by my cell, I hocked a big loogie right in his eye and sang 'Hail to the Redskins' at top volume. I ended up spending a week in the box."