DC Motorcycle Show

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The new BMW's are going to be there.. the new Transverse 800cc Twin F800ST, the new Transverse 4 K1200GT, S, R, and RS (169 HP), and the New R1200S and GS Adventure, and the new HP2

Pete

Repete
itsbob said:
The new BMW's are going to be there.. the new Transverse 800cc Twin F800ST, the new Transverse 4 K1200GT, S, R, and RS (169 HP), and the New R1200S and GS Adventure, and the new HP2
I may vapor lock from the excitement. :yikes::otter:

:lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pete said:
I may vapor lock from the excitement. :yikes::otter:

:lmao:
Well imagine a motorcycle company coming out with NEW engines and drivetrains, getting away from the company "norm" to provide consumers with what they want, more efficient and more powerful motorcycles. NOW that there is an ORIGINAL idea...

Now they have the twin Boxer R line (1100, 1150 and 1200), the Horizontal 4 in the K line been around since the 1980's, the transverse 4 K line (new this year for BMW), the single cylinder F650 series, and the twin transverse series F800 models (also new this year to the BMW line). How many engine and drive train choices do other companies have?

Pete

Repete
itsbob said:
Well imagine a motorcycle company coming out with NEW engines and drivetrains, getting away from the company "norm" to provide consumers with what they want, more efficient and more powerful motorcycles. NOW that there is an ORIGINAL idea...

Now they have the twin Boxer R line (1100, 1150 and 1200), the Horizontal 4 in the K line been around since the 1980's, the transverse 4 K line (new this year for BMW), the single cylinder F650 series, and the twin transverse series F800 models (also new this year to the BMW line). How many engine and drive train choices do other companies have?
I feel your pain, you would think they would pick an engine and stick with it.

Just the other day I was shaking my head in disbelief that HD has so many bikes stacked up not sold, they can't get past 9% increase in units sold per year, the stock price sucks, the customers are an ugly mob demanding 7 or 8 engine choices, hydraulic kick stands and more plastic molding.

I do not see how they stay in business. :frown:

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
itsbob said:
How many engine and drive train choices do other companies have?
Most of the jap companies have V4s and twins, singles of varing displacements, inline twins and fours and suzuki is coming out with an inline 6, the Stratosphere.
I think everybody except Harley, Triumph and Victory have a selection of engine configurations

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
by marketing a lifestyle
Exactly.. they don't sell any more bikes then most any other bike company, yet their profits are higher.. hmmmmmmm....

The bikes aren't any better, nor are they more technologically advanced, they aren't more efficient nor are they more powerful, they aren't faster then any other bike on the market the same size so what is it??

It's the spin.. consumers in droves fall for the spin. Harley is not a great motorcycle company, they are a GREAT marketing company! Hell, how many NON bikers, don't own nor ride, yet they wear the Harley Shirts, have the Harley stickers, even own the riding leathers and boots. Sheer marketing GENIUS on Harleys part.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And Harley Stock one year ago.. $62, opened today at 50.90.. Is that about a 20% loss!?? NOT a good investment!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
ANyways.. I'm all for a ride to DC to go to the bike show.. but where can you park the bikes where they will be safe?? I'm not familiar with the area, but would like to go!

dustin

UAIOE
itsbob said:
ANyways.. I'm all for a ride to DC to go to the bike show.. but where can you park the bikes where they will be safe?? I'm not familiar with the area, but would like to go!
LAst time I went I caged it. There was a $$ parking lot right across the street from the convention center that I saw some bikes in.

Now that I think about it. I didnt see a whole lot of people in bike garb there.

I get confused just driving a cager through DC, I would never ride my bike through there unless I was extremely familier with the route.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Thanks, I've been all over their sit this morning. Mt Vernon Sq is about to block north of the convention center. $2.35 each way from New Carrollton and $3.50 to park.
Switch fron orn to grn lines @ L'enfant plaza

Last edited:

fddog

Bow wow
aps45819 said:
Thanks, I've been all over their sit this morning. Mt Vernon Sq is about to block north of the convention center. $2.35 each way from New Carrollton and $3.50 to park.
why not park at auth rd in capitol heights, that's what we did a few years ago

aps45819 said:

Im pretty sure parking at the New Carrollton is free on the weekend....me and a buddy went up a few weekends ago and parked in the parking garage and didnt have to pay squat for parking......