Rockfish season

HunterJJD

It opens April 15th but the size limit is now 33"

I have no problem with this. They say it has been changed since the cool spring have allowed us to catch so many fish in the spring. I have been saying that change would come if we keep catching so many in the srping.

One more week of trapping then it will be time to get the boat ready for rock fish, then bear hunt, then elk hunt. Going to be a good year

JD

BOHDEN

i love some rockfish stuffed with crabmeat... love me some bear meat too (taste like beef to me)

D

dems4me

HunterJJD said:

I have no problem with this. They say it has been changed since the cool spring have allowed us to catch so many fish in the spring. I have been saying that change would come if we keep catching so many in the srping.

One more week of trapping then it will be time to get the boat ready for rock fish, then bear hunt, then elk hunt. Going to be a good year

JD

I think that's when crabbing season opens back up agian :clap: :clap:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
HunterJJD said:

JD
I'll be in my motorcycle training course that weekend. Maybe I should take Monday off so we can go out fishing.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Yipee!! :yahoo: :snacks: When he's not on the softball field, :yahoo: he'll be fishing. Can't wait to have my weekends to myself again:snacks: :yahoo:

size was raised to 33" because there is a limit to the number of rockfish that are supposed to be caught, and if more than that number are caught, they reduce the number for the following year. Last year, I think the overage was on the order of 33K fish. Big article in the paper earlier this week. They were threatening to reduce the number to 16K fish. I believe that the limit was supposed to be something like 35K fish. By increasing the size, they believe that that will be a natural way to limit the numbers landed. I believe they also extended the time for the bigger fish, again to reduce the number landed.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Any truth to the rumor that anything 41" and over has to go back??? A buddy told me this today. He said a 41" puts out ten times the eggs or sumpin of a smaller fish. I dunno.

oldman

Lobster Land
gumby said:
Any truth to the rumor that anything 41" and over has to go back??? A buddy told me this today. He said a 41" puts out ten times the eggs or sumpin of a smaller fish. I dunno.

On DNR's site they say nothing at all other than during the trophy season they have to be 33". So for right now I would assume that means 33" and up.

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
BOHDEN said:
i love some rockfish stuffed with crabmeat... love me some bear meat too (taste like beef to me)

Never tried bear, but I LOVE rockfish stuffed with crabmeat!!!!!!!! Soooooo delicious :drool: