Trick Trucks???

misslady67

I was calling around for an estimate to have a "basic" radio/cd player (already have a JVC but it crapped out on me) installed and having my windows tinted. Trick trucks seemed to actually have the best prices (I was surprised). What do you guys think of them? I am NOT car savy or I would do the radio myself. The windows were tinted prior to me buying the car (3 years ago) but they had to remove it for inspection (guess it was too dark). Thanks in advance :howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
misslady67 said:
I was calling around for an estimate to have a "basic" radio/cd player (already have a JVC but it crapped out on me) installed and having my windows tinted. Trick trucks seemed to actually have the best prices (I was surprised). What do you guys think of them? I am NOT car savy or I would do the radio myself. The windows were tinted prior to me buying the car (3 years ago) but they had to remove it for inspection (guess it was too dark). Thanks in advance :howdy:

They tinted my windows on my F150, put on my new tail lights, and I had NO issues at all with them, Ill actually be back there later this year for a few more things :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
misslady67 said:
Bad experience???

Yes. They ###### up a job big time, then got nasty with us about it. And it wasn't just an employee, it was the manager/owner of whatever the hell he was supposed to be.

misslady67

elaine said:
Yes. They ###### up a job big time, then got nasty with us about it. And it wasn't just an employee, it was the manager/owner of whatever the hell he was supposed to be.

:nono: That is a definate no-no. Thanks for the heads up :howdy:

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
Im sorry but I would use two totally different shops for these tasks. For audio I would say circuit city or Car Tec there in waldorf. As for tinting there used to be a place over in prince frederick that was really good at tint. Trick Trucks installed my dad's visor I bought him for his truck for xmas and F'd it all up. It was not spaced right on the truck and so now he has a nice howling noise.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I must of caught them on a good swing then, I didnt have any issues, or problems with them, thought they did very well on my truck...

:shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Redhead guy?

I used to date him :lol:

I think so. It was a couple of years ago. Leondardtown Ford sent us there to have the lid put on the bed of the truck. They ###### it up royally. So bad in fact, that L-town Ford stopped doing business with them.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
misslady67 said:

Might try the place right next to TT Street Trenz: They did my fathers tint on his new truck and hes happy with it, and thats saying alot, hes a picky somebody. They do good work.

misslady67

Somdmommy said:
Might try the place right next to TT Street Trenz: They did my fathers tint on his new truck and hes happy with it, and thats saying alot, hes a picky somebody. They do good work.

WOW thanks for this suggestion. I went by Street Trenz last night and spoke to Dave Pena. He was great and installed my a new radio in like 30 minutes :huggy: I will have to go back to get the tint...and I will be going back :yay:

01mds10

street trenz does great work and has good customer service. i have gotten a few things done at street trenz and i also know all the people there. great people!!
got my alarm onmy truck installed there, the lights stopped flashing when using the alarm, took it back to them and he fixed it for me and i went on my way.
great tinting job to!!

as for d and g customs, i've had to many bad experiences with them.
i had dual exhaust put on my truck, specifically told them do not route the exhaust directly over the differential pumpkin, i will be lowering my truck, and it will pinch the exhaust, so what do they go, they route it over the pumpkin. sure enough it pinched the exhaust and it burnt a hole in my brake line. :cussing: :cussing:

definately a good thumbs up for street trenz.

trick trucks, never had anything installed there. there customer service sucks, and they have no idea what there doing. asked them a few questions on my s10 on fixing the pinion angle and they told me it's not needed to do when you lower it. which if anyone in there right mind knows, when you lower or lift a truck or RWD vehicle, your pinion angle moved and you will need to reset it.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I've had two bad experiences with Trick Trucks and won't go back. I would suggest Smilies detailing for tint and DIY for the stereo stuff.

01mds10

i also like smileys work. they actually laser cut the tint on a machine then stick it on your windows. instead of most places (i.e. street trenz, d and g, xtreme[when they were open], trick trucks,) all of them places cut it out with a razer blade after it's on your window. although smileys is a tad bit more expensive then the other places. i would say the quality of work and customer service is about equal between street trenz and smileys.

if you would like cheap due to being tight on money. if you go to bad boys customs and ask to speak with billy, he does tinting on side jobs. bad boys does not offer tinting services, but billy, who is often there tints on side jobs. he tinted over at xtreme and did good work.