Trick Trucks???

Ponytail

01mds10 said:
... but billy, who is often there tints on side jobs. he tinted over at xtreme and did good work.

I didn't know that extreme did ANYTHING good.

Last edited:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
01mds10 said:
street trenz does great work and has good customer service. i have gotten a few things done at street trenz and i also know all the people there. great people!!got my alarm onmy truck installed there, the lights stopped flashing when using the alarm, took it back to them and he fixed it for me and i went on my way.
great tinting job to!!

as for d and g customs, i've had to many bad experiences with them.
i had dual exhaust put on my truck, specifically told them do not route the exhaust directly over the differential pumpkin, i will be lowering my truck, and it will pinch the exhaust, so what do they go, they route it over the pumpkin. sure enough it pinched the exhaust and it burnt a hole in my brake line. :cussing: :cussing:

definately a good thumbs up for street trenz.

trick trucks, never had anything installed there. there customer service sucks, and they have no idea what there doing. asked them a few questions on my s10 on fixing the pinion angle and they told me it's not needed to do when you lower it. which if anyone in there right mind knows, when you lower or lift a truck or RWD vehicle, your pinion angle moved and you will need to reset it.

You know them too, bunch of turds, you can tell Dave..White dave that Amy said that too!!!!

Chestr

Hate to bring up an old thread but I just had some work done at trick trucks today that I think everyone should know about because I'm really heartbroken.

I had a flowmaster exhaust put in my pickup.

I told the guy repeatedly that I didn't think it would be loud enough and he assured me that it would be. I kept saying that the muffler they were trying to sell me was on the lower end of the noise spectrum. It was one of their quietest ones from their website.

The guy assured me that this was the only kit available for my style of truck. I found out later on with a little research that flowmaster actually offers TWO kits and the one they sold me was the cheapest of the two.

Also the quietest.

Now that it's installed I can't even hear it with the doors closed and the truck still sounds stock.

And I paid $475 and $150 labor for this and come to find out I could have bought this kit for half that price.

That's not the worst part though. The thing knocks all around under the truck and it rattles when I close my door. I havn't mentioned this to them yet but I will. I didn't find that out until I got on the highway to go home otherwise I would have.

ALSO THE MANUFACTURER RECOMENDS WELDING THE PIPES yet all that place did was fix them on with clamps. I called up flowmaster and they said that if they were not welded they have a tendancy to FALL OFF DOWN THE ROAD.

Then when I told him that it wasn't loud enough he said that I would have to come out of my own pocket for any changes.

I go onto the flowmaster website and come to find out they have a 100% satisfaction gurrantee and a 60 day return policy. I clearly remember asking the guy if I could return it and I EVEN OFFERED to pay his labor anyways he refused saying that I couldn't.

Even after I tried to meet him half way.

I just want my money back so I can start over with someone else who will do a "real" job.

Chestr said:
Hate to bring up an old thread but I just had some work done at trick trucks today that I think everyone should know about because I'm really heartbroken.

I told the guy repeatedly that I didn't think it would be loud enough and he assured me that it would be. I kept saying that the muffler they were trying to sell me was on the lower end of the noise spectrum. It was one of their quietest ones from their website.

The guy assured me that this was the only kit available for my style of truck. I found out later on with a little research that flowmaster actually offers TWO kits and the one they sold me was the cheapest of the two.

Also the quietest.

Now that it's installed I can't even hear it with the doors closed and the truck still sounds stock.

And I paid $475 and $150 labor for this and come to find out I could have bought this kit for half that price.

That's not the worst part though. The thing knocks all around under the truck and it rattles when I close my door. I havn't mentioned this to them yet but I will. I didn't find that out until I got on the highway to go home otherwise I would have.

ALSO THE MANUFACTURER RECOMENDS WELDING THE PIPES yet all that place did was fix them on with clamps. I called up flowmaster and they said that if they were not welded they have a tendancy to FALL OFF DOWN THE ROAD.

Then when I told him that it wasn't loud enough he said that I would have to come out of my own pocket for any changes.

I go onto the flowmaster website and come to find out they have a 100% satisfaction gurrantee and a 60 day return policy. I clearly remember asking the guy if I could return it and I EVEN OFFERED to pay his labor anyways he refused saying that I couldn't.

I just want my money back so I can start over with someone else who will do a "real" job.

:shrug: Lesson learned...do your research, buy it off the internet, have it installed at a professional muffler shop :yay:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I went there with a set of tires.... Off the truck on the rim to mount and balance. It took the guy 2 hours, I had to wind up helping him after he beat my rim up then tried to charge me more than they quoted me.

Chestr

thakidistight said:
:shrug: Lesson learned...do your research, buy it off the internet, have it installed at a professional muffler shop :yay:

Yea I know. I researched the hell out of the truck but didn't do my research on the muffler or trick trucks.

I just like to let people know about businesses when I get really good service or really bad service.

I also hope others find this thread when they think about selecting a business for their next "customization". Personally I feel that there was nothing "custom" about it.

On a lighter side, I have a plastic bedliner for sale $100 bucks ford OEM F150 fits 1997-2003 ford longbeds. Check it out on the classifieds.

edinsomd

Chestr said:

Also the quietest.

Caveat emptor, dude. And as I like to tell rice-racer wannabe's and Hardly "loud pipes save lives" types, a loud exhaust equals a tiny winkie, join the club.
Ed

Floyd2004

-Void-
I got the tint on my car done at street trendz and Ive had no issues with it over the past 2 years that its been on. Sadly Josh doesnt work there anymore otherwise id tell people to go there.

As far as trick trucks, I dont own a truck so I dont know...