‘To Kill a Mockingbird' sequel

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/04/b...o-publish-a-new-novel.html?smid=fb-share&_r=1

Harper Lee, the reclusive author of the beloved best-selling novel “To Kill a Mockingbird,” will publish a second novel in July, her publisher announced Tuesday.

The recently discovered book, “Go Set a Watchman,” was completed in the mid-1950s, in the midst of the civil rights movement. It takes place 20 years after “To Kill a Mockingbird.” Though it’s effectively a sequel, Ms. Lee actually wrote “Go Set a Watchman” first. The 304-page novel takes place in the same fictional town, Maycomb, Ala., and unfolds as Scout Finch, the feisty child heroine of “To Kill a Mockingbird,” returns to visit her father, Atticus.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
She is still alive?

Yes. She's effectively a recluse though.

I personally can't wait, but I am on the waiting list for it.

I wouldn't read it if it had been written "recently". I'd worry it was ghostwritten and would disappoint me.

luvmygdaughters

Yes. She's effectively a recluse though.

I personally can't wait, but I am on the waiting list for it.

I wouldn't read it if it had been written "recently". I'd worry it was ghostwritten and would disappoint me.

How True, if it was ghostwritten, I could see the story going more modern, like for example, Jem and Boo becoming lovers. Nope, just wouldn't work. Seriously though, how did you get on a waiting list?