“There is no such thing as Palestinians because there is no such thing as a Palestinian people.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Predictably, Old Joe Biden’s handlers and other Leftists are enraged, but in this case once again, they are on the wrong side of the truth.

National Security Council (NSC) spokesman John Kirby said Monday: “We utterly object to that kind of language. And It’s extremely unhelpful to — again — trying to de-escalate the tensions and trying to find a viable two-state solution going forward. We don’t want to see any rhetoric, any action or rhetoric — quite frankly — that can stand in the way or become an obstacle to a viable two-state solution, and language like that does.”

[clip]

Smotrich said: “Who are the Palestinians? I am Palestinian.” He noted that before the founding of the State of Israel, the Jews in the Holy Land were known as “Palestinians.” Meanwhile, “the Palestinian nation has existed for less than one hundred years.” Smotrich issued a challenge: “I ask you who was the first Palestinian King, what language do they have, was there ever a Palestinian coin. Is there a Palestinian history or culture? There isn’t. There is no such thing as a Palestinian nation… They created a fictional nation and then worked for their fictitious rights to the Land of Israel just to battle against the Zionist movement. That is the historical truth and the biblical truth. That is the truth and there is no alternative.” Indeed.

[clip]

In the 1960s, however, the KGB and Yasir Arafat created both these allegedly oppressed people and the instrument of their freedom — the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). Ion Mihai Pacepa, who had served as acting chief of Cold War-era Communist Romania’s spy service (Pacepa later authored many articles for PJ Media), later revealed what happened: “The PLO was dreamt up by the KGB, which had a penchant for ‘liberation’ organizations.” For Arafat to head the PLO, he had to be a Palestinian. The KGB destroyed the official records of Arafat’s birth in Cairo and replaced them with fictitious documents saying that he had been born in Jerusalem and was therefore a Palestinian by birth. PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhsein explained the strategy more fully in a 1977 interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct “Palestinian people” to oppose Zionism.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel like if a guy with a heavy beard and obvious twigs and berries can call himself a woman and everyone immediately starts referring to him as "she", Palestinians aren't such a stretch.

HemiHauler

Golda Meir - and her arrogance as demonstrated by such and ignorant almost lead to the extinction of the Jews. And would have had Sadat not been so naïve, regretfully.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your considetion ...

Cue LightRoasted in 4... 3... 2...

Apologizes for being late ..........

One but look to the Balfour Declaration to see that there was indeed a Palestine.

November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur James Balfour

Smotrich said: “the Palestinian nation has existed for less than one hundred years.”
BS!

Oh look, Palestina! Map of the known world, 43AD

mapofworld43AD.jpg

Map of Palestine ca. 1851
1679663511261.png

1679662535234.png

1679662765676.png

1679662905052.png

1679663112970.png

Hijinx

I don't know much about Palestine or people who claim to be Palestinian. I do know that Israel moved their own people who had business's in the Gaza strip out and it was left for the return of the Palestinians and a military group that now runs it.

I also know that if the Palestinians stop fighting the Israeli's the fighting will stop.

SamSpade

"Palestine is an idea, not an organization."
Indeed. There are people who are Egyptians, because they are a people with a history going back 4000 plus years. Modern day Israel and Syria - same thing - although today's Israelites probably cannot trace an ancestry going back thousands of years, "Israel" is historically a people - in Biblical times, they were the kingdom that broke away from Judah in the south. They had their kings and such - it is the name given to Jacob of the Bible.

But through most of Africa, people residing inside the borders of an existing nation aren't a people in the same sense - lines were drawn around regions because of colonial powers - but you can't, say, refer to the South African people as though they comprise anything but citizens who live there. They're not a "people" - erase the borders, and they aren't still there.

I know people don't like this phrase, but it's the most concise one I can think of - the Palestinians HAVE a country - it's called Jordan.

SamSpade

I had not heard that ....
Might have been Netanyahu - but it might be much older. I can't find the person who said it first.

What Hijinx said has been uttered often - the war between the Israelis and the Arabs ends the moment the Arabs agree to peace and lay down their weapons.

"If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'‎"