“We are overcounting covid deaths and hospitalizations. That’s a problem.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 In breaking news from 2020, The Washington Post ran an op-ed penned by TV covid expert, reliable narrative mouthpiece, and contributing editor Leana Wen yesterday, headlined “We are overcounting covid deaths and hospitalizations. That’s a problem.”

Oh, she noticed!

Wen immediately asked whether U.S. covid death reports include Americans dying FROM covid or dying WITH covid? She concluded it’s mostly “with,” and not “from.” Wen patiently explained, “Two infectious-disease experts I spoke with believe that the number of deaths attributed to covid is far greater than the actual number of people dying from covid.”

Where have these experts been for three years?

Anyway, it’s not just a LITTLE overestimated. One of Wen’s experts guessed that “90 percent of patients diagnosed with covid are actually in the hospital for some other illness.”

At this point my eyes were rolling so hard I could see the entire bottom edge of my brain pan.

Compare Wen’s next paragraph to anything I wrote on Coffee & Covid in the summer of 2020:

“Since every hospitalized patient gets tested for covid, many are incidentally positive,” he said. A gunshot victim or someone who had a heart attack, for example, could test positive for the virus, but the infection has no bearing on why they sought medical care.​

You. Don’t. Say.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Four car pile up, multiple casualties. One tested positive for Covid. The others were in the same accident so they were exposed. Ka-Ching.

Gun fight on Chicago streets between rival Drug dealers. Multiple casualties. One survivor coughed while being brought into the ER. Suspected Covid. All others counted as exposures. Ka-Ching.