1-0 Baby!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hee, hee, hee...

FireBrand said:
Oh Gawd ! this is exactly why I'm a Ravens fan ! :barf:

:lmao: :howdy:

....hey, man, when you're at the bottom looking up, it don't take much! :larry: :lmao:

You guys are honest to goodness contenders when it really counts.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Gude said:
....hey, man, when you're at the bottom looking up, it don't take much! :larry: :lmao:

You guys are honest to goodness contenders when it really counts.

You are a true gentleman! Now I'm confused :jameo:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
It was just the first pre-season game, but the way the guys cheered here at work you'd have thought it was the superbowl. :lol:

Kerad

MysticalMom said:
It was just the first pre-season game, but the way the guys cheered here at work you'd have thought it was the superbowl. :lol:

In pre-season, it's not about the record. It's all about how your starters played.

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
It was 0-3 Titans' advantage when I came in from IndyCar Series racing.

Congragulations Washington :yahoo: :clap: :banana:
It was 0-6 Titans with < 2:00 remaining. Skins scored a TD and converted. 7-6 1:40 (+/-) remaining. Titans muffed a hike on their first (I think) possession) and 'Skins recovered in the endzone for another TD.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Kerad said:
In pre-season, it's not about the record. It's all about how your starters played.

And even thats hard to tell when some of them only play 1-2 series, or you only have 3/4's of them on the field at the same time... :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep...

Softballkid said:
And even thats hard to tell when some of them only play 1-2 series, or you only have 3/4's of them on the field at the same time... :ohwell:

...with so much trouble on the O line, one guy out, Samuels replaced by a rookie, one guy nursing knees, Thomas, one guy, Jansen, playing pretty much horrible and one guy new and out of position, Wade, well, that's a tough way to fly.

Some people think we're gonna magically be able to run the ball with Portis once the season starts, line or no line, and that's just silly. There were no holes Saturday night against an OK, but certainly not great, Titans D. There aren't gonna be any holes come regular season either.

No holes means no running game which means 3rd and long which means pass which means Jason with little time not only with a questionable line but, obviously, a lot of predictable situations for the other guys defense.

We're in trouble on offense. A bunch.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Larry Gude said:
We're in trouble on offense. A bunch.

True, but being professionals, they just need to earn them fat pay checks this year :lol:

My thinking plot is make the somewhat(whomever isn't "injured") starting offense/defense play the whole first quarter, and atleast 1/2 the second quarter in this next game, and the 3rd game make them play into the 3rd quater, and the final game atleast the 1st half...

That way they can really get a feel for how and where they need to step it up a few notches... though there are always holes to fill, and positions that could improve, that would atleast let us fans know where we stand for sure :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hmmm...

huntr1 said:
Well DUH! It's the Redskins. :jameo:

...seems to be a malicious, anti-native American glory misquote.

The D looked awful damn good. Fletcher is the real deal. And Landry has got the tools. if the D line stays fairly healthy, it looks like the youngsters may be coming into their own which means the oldsters might get more breaks which means they all should stay strong for 4 quarters. oh yeah, and if Springs can play the whole season and Smoot hasn't lost too much and Rogers finds the handle on the damn ball and... :jameo:

Midnightrider

Larry Gude said:
...seems to be a malicious, anti-native American glory misquote.

The D looked awful damn good. Fletcher is the real deal. And Landry has got the tools. if the D line stays fairly healthy, it looks like the youngsters may be coming into their own which means the oldsters might get more breaks which means they all should stay strong for 4 quarters. oh yeah, and if Springs can play the whole season and Smoot hasn't lost too much and Rogers finds the handle on the damn ball and... :jameo:
who is going to be playing the D line? it didn't look like they improved there much, same for the O line.

either way, i was not impressed by the O starters, even when playing against the 2nd string D they couldn't get anything together.

still, its beginning of the preseason so it could get better, i hope

Larry Gude

Strung Out
D line...

Midnightrider said:
who is going to be playing the D line? it didn't look like they improved there much, same for the O line.

either way, i was not impressed by the O starters, even when playing against the 2nd string D they couldn't get anything together.

still, its beginning of the preseason so it could get better, i hope

...you got the vets; Big Joe and Griff plus Carter and Daniels and Wynn. When healthy, these are the guys who made us so solid in 2004/5.

Add 2nd year Golsten who looked pretty good to me the other night, is bigger than last year and he played a good bit last year, plus Montgomery who is in the same situation experience wise. Add in rook #77 Chris Wilson who made a few plays against their 2nd teamers (he's like Carter, small, quick).

You gotta give some props to rookie DT Lorenzo Alexander (someone correct me if I got it wrong) he lost his helmet while chasing Rattey and still went in on the tackle and got busted open by a team mate.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the D. I'm with you on the O. :jameo:

Larry Gude said:
...You gotta give some props to rookie DT Lorenzo Alexander (someone correct me if I got it wrong) he lost his helmet while chasing Rattey and still went in on the tackle and got busted open by a team mate.
That was great heart on his part. Maybe not the smartest move, but it had to make the coaches notice him. Hope he stays around and gets to play in the regular season.