1/2-Day Daycare Rates

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by PFgal
Stop being so literal, ya butthead!! :lmao:
:razz: Sorry, I'm tired this morning.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by justhangn
There is at least 5 in the Golden Beach area.

5 centers? I don't mean home care, I mean commercial centers. If you are referring to home daycare, There are more like 20 in Golden Beach alone, but I only know of one commercial establishment, although, I haven't looked either.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by cmcdanal
5 centers? I don't mean home care, I mean commercial centers. If you are referring to home daycare, There are more like 20 in Golden Beach alone, but I only know of one commercial establishment, although, I haven't looked either.
Home care is what I was referring.

Dymphna

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by PFgal
Yes, infant spots are so hard to find - and never cheap. I'd better start looking into that, b/c at $200 plus per week my azz ain't never havin' any more kids!

I got a deal and was paying $150 for my first ($125 after he turned 2) I quit after the second because after paying for gas, child care and all other work related expenses, I had about $20 left from my $35,000 job. Now with 3 kids, I figured I'd have to make $42,000 to break even if I worked outside the house, assuming I didn't have to travel any further than Waldorf or LP. My old job might pay that but a part was commision on the team sales (not my sales) and that's 45 hrs plus commute time and no money left at the end of the week and no time with my kids.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by cmcdanal
I got a deal and was paying $150 for my first ($125 after he turned 2) I quit after the second because after paying for gas, child care and all other work related expenses, I had about $20 left from my $35,000 job. Now with 3 kids, I figured I'd have to make $42,000 to break even if I worked outside the house, assuming I didn't have to travel any further than Waldorf or LP. My old job might pay that but a part was commision on the team sales (not my sales) and that's 45 hrs plus commute time and no money left at the end of the week and no time with my kids.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it either. We need my income at the house, and I'd have to have a load of kids to make it worth it for me to stay home...and even then we'd have to sell the house and get something cheaper. It's just costly, no matter what ya do.

SxyPrincess

Last year my grade-K daughter was in daycare from 10:30 a.m until 6 p.m. when I picked her up. I paid $560 a month. I took her out a few months ago and a friend started watching her. I paid her $100 a week. She's back in school and continuing with my friend and I still pay her $100 a week because she now goes out of her way to pick her up from school at 2:30 everyday. It's worth it to me because I know she is very well taken care of.

Pete

Repete
Thankfully mine started 1st grade. He goes to Before/After care right at the school provided by parks and rec. Only $65 a week.

Dymphna

When my niece started 1st grade two years ago, my brother got a price on just after school day care and just for and hour or so per day. He was told $90! As it happens, the time my father gets off work brings him past my brother's house about a half hour before the bus lets off. So he stops there 3 days a week and my brother's SIL gets her the other 2 days. For 5 or 7 hours a week, $90 is excessive, especially since the woman is taking care of a younger sibling.