1.69090909909%

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That is the death rate is the USA for those sickened with Corona-virus....
121,000 cases
2,046 deaths

Last Thursday
Yup. And didn't 99% of those who suggested the "shelter in place/social distancing" folks describe exactly what we are seeing as far as the numbers go if a majority did their part? And don't you think it would be worse if we didn't?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yup. And didn't 99% of those who suggested the "shelter in place/social distancing" folks describe exactly what we are seeing as far as the numbers go if a majority did their part? And don't you think it would be worse if we didn't?
i don’t know what it has done to the numbers, but I believe shelter in place and social distancing is the correct thing to do.
........but I’m social distanced based on where I live, except for Happy Hour at Buzzy’s .......miss them.

i don’t know what it has done to the numbers, but I believe shelter in place and social distancing is the correct thing to do.
........but I’m social distanced based on where I live, except for Happy Hour at Buzzy’s .......miss them.
I see it making a difference... simply based on the actual results of it in my work environment. That makes what we (including most all in our personal circles) are doing seem worth it. Do I believe we will most all if not all get it at some point, yup. But I also completely understand why it is to our benefit not to get it when the medical field cannot handle the influx and is still learning as they go how to handle/treat it. Buying time is saving lives.

Tech

I see it making a difference... simply based on the actual results of it in my work environment. That makes what we (including most all in our personal circles) are doing seem worth it. Do I believe we will most all if not all get it at some point, yup. But I also completely understand why it is to our benefit not to get it when the medical field cannot handle the influx and is still learning as they go how to handle/treat it. Buying time is saving lives.
The analogy I use is the the health system is like a river. It can handle a steady rain over a long period of time and it takes time to get down stream. Just trying to keep the levees in place.

SamSpade

That is the death rate is the USA for those sickened with Corona-virus....
121,000 cases
2,046 deaths

And that number is likely to continue to drop - even if the cases and deaths rise.

It's because we have more accurate data of what we are trying to measure - you can't compute mortality rate with only a fraction of the portion who actually have the virus.

Bear in mind, not long ago the number the press was using was above 3%.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The MD Health dept Wuhan virus dashboard now shows the number of NEGATIVE test results and the number of hospitalized and released from isolation. If only Hogan would put the numbers out there so his FB feed would not be a constant plea for revoking our freedoms.

SamSpade

.....and it was all Trump’s fault

They will always find a way to pin blame on him. Every time there's a hurricane or other act of God, they find some angle to make it his fault.

Funny, because it wasn't too long ago it was all "Bush's fault". Even during the Obama administration, stuff was STILL Bush's fault.

I remember they wanted to consider naming the fault in Virginia's Seismic Zone to "Bush's Fault".

But part of the reason I've grown weary of politics is the whole neverending battle of blame. It reminds me of playground chatter where the ball went over the fence, and all the kids would argue over whose FAULT it was. Except for the little boy who climbed the fence and got the ball back. The time for blame hasn't come yet. You want to blame someone, wait until the problem is OVER, but it's no use figuring out who started the fire while you're still IN the burning building.

herb749

Everything now is, our cases are doubling. Well the more people you test its going to increase if they have it.

Just also let us know how many don't compared to how many that do.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Everything now is, our cases are doubling. Well the more people you test its going to increase if they have it.

Just also let us know how many don't compared to how many that do.
Try that response one more time.......

22AcaciaAve

The death rate is actually less than what the numbers say. Deaths can be measured accurately, but the number of people who actually have it cannot because not everyone is tested. There are some people who have gotten it, figured they simply had the flu, and recovered. They never went to the hospital or even a doctor so they are not recorded in the number of cases.

herb749

The death rate is actually less than what the numbers say. Deaths can be measured accurately, but the number of people who actually have it cannot because not everyone is tested. There are some people who have gotten it, figured they simply had the flu, and recovered. They never went to the hospital or even a doctor so they are not recorded in the number of cases.

How do they count the number of flu cases each year. Is it an estimate, or actual doctor's visit.?

Tech

Yep, since it is in the news everybody that has a couple symptoms gets tested, it appears the positive cases are hanging around 10% of those having a symptom. Doesn't cover those that manifest no symptoms or the ones who had such minor ones didn't seek treatment.
With everyone reporting the early symptoms, I had everyone of them during a week back in Jan. but each one only lasted a couple hours except the runny nose. But again I just may have had a cold.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
They will always find a way to pin blame on him. Every time there's a hurricane or other act of God, they find some angle to make it his fault.

Funny, because it wasn't too long ago it was all "Bush's fault". Even during the Obama administration, stuff was STILL Bush's fault.

I remember they wanted to consider naming the fault in Virginia's Seismic Zone to "Bush's Fault".

But part of the reason I've grown weary of politics is the whole neverending battle of blame. It reminds me of playground chatter where the ball went over the fence, and all the kids would argue over whose FAULT it was. Except for the little boy who climbed the fence and got the ball back. The time for blame hasn't come yet. You want to blame someone, wait until the problem is OVER, but it's no use figuring out who started the fire while you're still IN the burning building.
It's nice to know that BO has finally stopped claiming that this is his economy, the result of all of his hard work.