1 in 5 Young Adults Has Personality Disorder

FOXNews.com - 1 in 5 Young Adults Has Personality Disorder, Study Finds - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

The disorders include problems such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies and anti-social behavior that can sometimes lead to violence. The study also found that fewer than 25 percent of college-aged Americans with mental problems get treatment.

Counting substance abuse, the study found that nearly half of young people surveyed have some sort of psychiatric condition, including students and non-students.

Personality disorders were the second most common problem behind drug or alcohol abuse as a single category. The disorders include obsessive, anti-social and paranoid behaviors that are not mere quirks but actually interfere with ordinary functioning.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Young adult is defined as ages 18-25.

Oh man...I want to say something...but it's really mean... so I won't.

:bitingtongue:

:tongueisbleeding:

must

bow

out

of

tread

NOW

:chokingonlaughter:

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
That's probably not as bad as it sounds if 3 out of 5 middle age adults have personality disorders. Like the parents of young adults lets say.

DreamBlaze

Do I smell Burning Rubber
FOXNews.com - 1 in 5 Young Adults Has Personality Disorder, Study Finds - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

The disorders include problems such as obsessive or compulsive tendencies and anti-social behavior that can sometimes lead to violence. The study also found that fewer than 25 percent of college-aged Americans with mental problems get treatment.

Counting substance abuse, the study found that nearly half of young people surveyed have some sort of psychiatric condition, including students and non-students.

Personality disorders were the second most common problem behind drug or alcohol abuse as a single category. The disorders include obsessive, anti-social and paranoid behaviors that are not mere quirks but actually interfere with ordinary functioning.

So you mean I am number 1? sweet! lol

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Psychiatric disorders? Nah! That's just adolescence -- sometimes it's real hard to tell the difference, even for so-called professionals...

:whistle: