1 year ACTIVE jail time for violating Gov's order

General Lee

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Recap:

Guy throws a party; gets a year in jail.

Yet in the state of Maryland you can assault people, rob them, and sometimes even kill them, and receive a suspended sentence or it may just go on the stet docket never to be seen again.

You can literally beat a cop with a baseball bat and receive no punishment. But throw a party, by gawd, and you are toast.

I'm not sure why we are putting up with this.

pontificator

Recap:

Guy throws a party; gets a year in jail.

Yet in the state of Maryland you can assault people, rob them, and sometimes even kill them, and receive a suspended sentence or it may just go on the stet docket never to be seen again.

You can literally beat a cop with a baseball bat and receive no punishment. But throw a party, by gawd, and you are toast.

I'm not sure why we are putting up with this.

You voted for it. Sorry for your luck, chica. Vote better next time.

GregV814

are you talking to us ponty? or the folks in Portland, Chicago, San Fransisco, Baltimore, NY DC, Minneapolis, et al???...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
  • Age 0-19 -- 99.997%
  • Age 20-49 -- 99.98%
  • Age 50-69 -- 99.5%
  • Age 70+ -- 94.6%
Didn't see it reported much. Why are we mandated to wear masks and social distance again?

P.S. Still waiting to see the law that this guy supposedly broke. And by what authority government has any right to tyrannically prohibit such action.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think it's the fact that he went and did it twice. I sure would like to see people that steal, assault etc get real sentences,
no, they get RoR, one week house detention

@TPD

This is what one pub owner was threatened with. They didn't come to his business, they went to his house.
All because Karen thinks we should all stay home

glhs837

Power with Control
Funny, the druggie who crashed crossed the centerline into my daughters car and totalled it by crossing the centerline and then fled the scene, leaving his wrecked car behind got probation, since virtually all of his six charges were nolle........ Except restitution, of course.

black dog

Free America
Another great use of Marylands taxpayers money.... Judge Hennessy (irony) should be snatched off his bench..... Along with whatever asst states attorney charged Mr Meyers... Both need to be bitch slapped to the unemployment line.....

Reactions: BOP

BernieP

Resident PIA
Another great use of Maryland's taxpayers money.... Judge Hennessy (irony) should be snatched off his bench..... Along with whatever asst states attorney charged Mr. Meyers... Both need to be bitch slapped to the unemployment line.....
Chuck County (D)
The elected States Attorney knew exactly what was going down, the assistant that prosecuted more than likely was given their marching orders from the top dog. I don't know what to say about the judge, I guess putting him in jail is karma for them. They are only jailing the more serious felonies, the rest are getting probation or house arrest so they can keep people out of the jail. (A COVID thing).

mitzi

I think it's the fact that he went and did it twice. I sure would like to see people that steal, assault etc get real sentences,

This guy should have gotten a real sentence when he was involved with a robbery gone wrong and murder.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I agree that jail time seems harsh for this offense. However, if you look at this guys record he has a pretty extensive history of brushes with the law. Perhaps that made it easier for the judge to "send a message" in this case.
A lot of the local cases that get less time in jail are also well known to local law enforcement. Too bad they don't get sent a message.

PeoplesElbow

This guy should have gotten a real sentence when he was involved with a robbery gone wrong and murder.
So this guy is an actual criminal too?

In that case I really dont care that they overdid a sentence for this.

Notice how it's always not respecting authority that gets the punishment. It starts with parents, not respecting their authority is usually worse than doing g something bad, same with school etc.

CRHS89

I read in some comments on one of the local news pages that he was involved in the murder of the Bennigan's employee. He apparently got a deal by ratting out the others who were involved. And he is also a registered sex offender. So even though the sentence seems excessive for this offense, he's had it coming to him for being a P.O.S. and getting away with it in the past.

mitzi

So this guy is an actual criminal too?

In that case I really dont care that they overdid a sentence for this.

Notice how it's always not respecting authority that gets the punishment. It starts with parents, not respecting their authority is usually worse than doing g something bad, same with school etc.

Oh yea, he's a real POS.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... Judge Hennessy (irony) should be snatched off his bench ..... Along with whatever asst states attorney charged Mr Meyers ... Both need to be bitch slapped to the unemployment line .....

and the cop who arrested him in the 1st place

OldHillcrestGuy

Oh yea, he's a real POS.

Its very possible that he could have been on probation from his other crimes and he broke the law again. EMS has been to his house on several occasions and he threaten the crews everytime, it got so bad the fire dept. had his pictures posted through out the firehouse and kept the doors locked, as he threaten harm to the crews and came looking for them on one occasion.