10 Guns To Choose From If "It All Goes Bad"

E

EmptyTimCup

sure to cause a debate ....

10 Guns To Choose From If "It All Goes Bad"

No one will ever compile a top ten list that everyone will agree with. The subjective criteria used here is based on price, range required, caliber required, history of use and reliablity, and commonness of ammunition, not necessarily in that order. This is not to suggest that a person needs every gun listed. A large caliber rifle, .22 rifle or pistol, 9mm or .45, and pump shotgun are the basics. There will be lots of other opinions, but here is my list that I came up with after 50 years of shooting… not necessarily ranked in order.

except for the AR-15 ... nice list

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny how many of those I already have...:killingme

I would have added my portable 'cannon' to that list though..my .45-70 Gov Handi-Rifle. You never know when you might need to stop a vehicle in its tracks.:evil:

Inkd

I have a Bushmaster, and it is great. I bought it at the height of the 2nd Amendment scare, so I paid too much. Great gun.

I bought both my Colt AR's during the same time. Trying to sell them now is just painful, knowing how much I paid at the height of the scare.

Pretty good list, I think I would like a bolt action .22 and a good revolver in there too. Maybe a good .22 revolver also. Automatics are okay but wheel guns are real guns.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I think the AR-15 is a nice rifle, very accurate and a lot of fun to shoot.

depends on which one...

AR-15 encompasses all iterations of the M-16...

M16, M16A1, M16A2..

I REALLY liked the M16A2, well other than the 3 round burst.. what fun was THAT??

But had a Grease Gun in back-up so that still got me my full auto fix..

But for a personal weapon the AR15 with bull barrel, better sights, and the improved ammo.. that would be a NICE addition..

dustin

UAIOE
for survival dont forget the high powered air rifle.

no gunpowder to worry about. ammo is super cheap and can carry a lot and can take all kinds of small game. i have a Gamo Big Cat... it does have a bit of a crack to it, but not as loud as a .22LR. with a decent 4 power scope you can take game at 50 yards. on bags mine has fist sized groups at that range. only downside to, say a semi-auto .22, is you dont get fast followup shots.

other than that i agree with the original list EmptyTimCup posted... keep in mind it would be good to have firearms that take common LE and military ammo.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
People that bash the AR platform are either living in the vietnam era still or just aren't that knowledgeable on where the platform is at this day and age. Thius coming from someone who picked their username based off the Ak platform as well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
People that bash the AR platform are either living in the vietnam era still or just aren't that knowledgeable on where the platform is at this day and age. Thius coming from someone who picked their username based off the Ak platform as well.

Had the M16 in Basic/AIT (OSUT)...

M16A1 first couple of duty stations..

Then the M16A2.. NICE!! They didn't go mass production cheap, it was still mass production of course, but they actually put some money into a good design, and didn't scrimp on the production/ manufacturing.

Made Average marksman Good or Great marksman. 300 meter targets just weren't as challenging anymore.

Love to have the latest model in my closet..

Last edited:

CrashTest

The 12-gauge auto-loader.

That's italian. You can go pump or auto.

The .45 long slide, with laser sighting.

These are brand new, we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on, you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go, ya can't miss! Anything else?

A phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Hey, just what'cha see, pal!

...The uzi nine millimeter.

Sure know your weapons, buddy! Any one of these is ideal for home defense.

Pushrod

Patriot
Good list. None of those guns make a damn bit of difference if you don't train with them and use them often. Plus, keep spare parts kits available for each.

If you want a good AR, go with a Colt. Drop in a piston kit for extra-reliability!

Vince

Look at Colt and you'll feel better. If you go with the bull barrel, you don't have to go through and FFL. You can take it home that day.
From what I've been reading, Colt parts aren't interchangeable with any others. Have to do more research before I buy.

mus

From what I've been reading, Colt parts aren't interchangeable with any others. Have to do more research before I buy.

I was referring to the price of a Colt compared to other brands. The Colt will make you feel good about a Bushmaster.