$1350 for a mutt

Cowgirl

Oh... the "Cavadoodles or Cavapoo are the same dog. It is a purebred of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and small poodle. " quote. I didn't see that as a lie because they are saying they are crossing a purebred CKCS with a purebred poodle to get the mix.

If you have to cross two breeds to make a breed, it is not a purebred.

If you have to cross two breeds to make a breed, it is not a purebred.
Pretty much all domesticated breeds were "made" by humans. So I see your point as moot. From everything I've read on their website, they are not attempting to hide what they have for sale. Again, I see all intentional puppy breeding as a business, and a puppy is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Cowgirl

Pretty much all domesticated breeds were "made" by humans. So I see your point as moot. From everything I've read on their website, they are not attempting to hide what they have for sale. Again, I see all purposeful puppy breeding as a business, and a puppy is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Then we'll just agree to disagree. :shrug: Until they're breeding Cavapoos with Cavapoos, it's not purebred. :smile:

Cowgirl

Hmm... so you are saying you knew he was a mix-breed, but he was worth every penny you were willing to pay for him, huh? I rest my case...:lol:

You can joke all you want, but I don't think a knowledgeable breeder would use the word "purebred" to describe a mixed puppy. To do so is just stupid. Or careless. It's incredibly misleading to someone who doesn't understand what a mixed breed vs. purebred dog. But, they can't even spell retriever, so I'm not sure how knowledgeable they are. :shrug:

Nanny Pam

Hmm... so you are saying you knew he was a mix-breed, but he was worth every penny you were willing to pay for him, huh? I rest my case...:lol:

abso-freaking-lutely!!

and I want another one. Next week, if at all possible, but these breeders won't negotiate with me. I made an offer, they said "no" and I was hoping for a counter-offer.....but like I said before, it's their business and they can do what they want. But I really really want an F1B Labradoodle that's cream or tan.

You can joke all you want, but I don't think a knowledgeable breeder would use the word "purebred" to describe a mixed puppy. To do so is just stupid. Or careless. It's incredibly misleading to someone who doesn't understand what a mixed breed vs. purebred dog. But, they can't even spell retriever, so I'm not sure how knowledgeable they are. :shrug:
I don't see it as a joke. I see it as a business just like all breeders regardless of what they chose to breed.

Nanny Pam

abso-freaking-lutely!!

and I want another one. Next week, if at all possible, but these breeders won't negotiate with me. I made an offer, they said "no" and I was hoping for a counter-offer.....but like I said before, it's their business and they can do what they want. But I really really want an F1B Labradoodle that's cream or tan.

WAIT....let me correct this....they DID counter-offer with a payment plan deal. It's just that hubby made me promise not to spend over a certain amount. :frown:

Cowgirl

I don't see it as a joke. I see it as a business just like all breeders regardless of what they chose to breed.

That's fine. I personally would not do business with a company that can't even use the correct terminology or spell the thing they're selling and supposedly very knowledgeable about. :smile: