17+h Fleabitten Grey found on Rt 235

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
*TMS*Horse Farm said:
I would really like to thank RC and his wife. The 17.2 hand gray TB is mine. I still am not sure how he got out.
:yay: YOU got lucky...:lol: he almost ended up on MY farm. He's a real sweetie. And gorgeous!! It doesn't matter if RC is on or off duty, anything involving horses they call us.

I guess he told you about the case on the Eastern Shore, where one wasn't so lucky. :frown: lovely old appy gelding, borrowed as a companion stepped over the fence posts that had fallen over during an especially wet season, and crossed Rt 50...at the wrong moment. Poor guy. Very sad indeed.

Your boy was so lucky, we picked him up on the opposite side of the highway that you live on. He somehow made it across FOUR lanes safely at 3:00 am. :shocking: You are quite welcome. Extra carrots come his way tonight i'm sure.

*TMS*Horse Farm

I am glad that nothing happened to him because he is not quite mine until Monday, he is still on trial. But he got extra spoiled tonite and is back on confinement until we figure out exactly where he got out.

I have heard of so many horses that have gotten loose and haven't had such good fortune.

Thanks again.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
*TMS*Horse Farm said:
I would really like to thank RC and his wife. The 17.2 hand gray TB is mine. I still am not sure how he got out.
Wow. 17'2! I want to see pictures! DOes he jump?

*TMS*Horse Farm

He is hopefully going to be doing novice eventing this year, and he use to do hunter jumpers in VA. We have been doing 3 foot courses right now and hopefully moving up.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
*TMS*Horse Farm said:
He is hopefully going to be doing novice eventing this year, and he use to do hunter jumpers in VA. We have been doing 3 foot courses right now and hopefully moving up.
I want to see pictures!! He sounds :howdy: fabulous!

devinej

aww what a sweetie. that person in the pic must be very tall is he's 17.3! horrible luck for him to escape while he's with you on trial, yikes. i guess he thought he'd head back home early...

*TMS*Horse Farm

devinej said:
aww what a sweetie. that person in the pic must be very tall is he's 17.3! horrible luck for him to escape while he's with you on trial, yikes. i guess he thought he'd head back home early...

eh. I'm about 5'7. I have sticked him yet so I'm not positive on his height.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have a stick in my truck and was sorely tempted, just out of curiosity :lol: guess i should have done it, but....it WAS still dark at 4:30 am and i had to get ready for work :lol:

He;s put on some weight since those pictures.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
happyappygirl said:
Found wandering on rt 235 across from Hyperspace in Hollywood. No halter or identifying marks. Just picked him up Thursday 4:28 am :yawn:.

Call MSP Leonardtown Barrack and pick him up at Whit and Folly farm ASAP.

looks like a warmblood? PEOPLE identify your horses...if you did we would be able to call you directly.

I use breakaway collars made by Elam with brass nameplates on them that have a phone number and name. Somebody's gonna be missing this big guy.

I was listening to them on the Scanner when they got the call. Just out of curiosity. Is there a list of people they call when they find a loose horse that volunteer to pick them up and store them until the owner is found? I hear them deal with horses and cows alot and often wondered how the police find willing volunteers to help.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Jeff said:
I was listening to them on the Scanner when they got the call. Just out of curiosity. Is there a list of people they call when they find a loose horse that volunteer to pick them up and store them until the owner is found? I hear them deal with horses and cows alot and often wondered how the police find willing volunteers to help.
The "willing volunteer" happens to live with this paraticular Trooper :lol: Don't know how willing i was at 3:00 am....

In a normal situation where they don't have a trooper available in the county familiar with horses, they call Animal control, who calls THEIR willing "volunteers" :lol: In our county, St Mary's, it is usually us.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
happyappygirl said:
The "willing volunteer" happens to live with this paraticular Trooper :lol: Don't know how willing i was at 3:00 am....

In a normal situation where they don't have a trooper available in the county familiar with horses, they call Animal control, who calls THEIR willing "volunteers" :lol: In our county, St Mary's, it is usually us.

:killingme Ok Understand. Very nice of you.

I have heard some rather funny issues on the scanner. Had one where multiple cows got out. Raining like heck. The police were busy and only disptached one officer. I forget her name but I have seen her around. Rather small lady. Somewhere up on the north end of the county if memory serves. Anyway. She was trying to deal with what sounded like 20 head. You could hear them in the background. Moooing rather loudly. She was by herself and was kinda laughing about it. But after about 20 minutes of dealing with them by herself her patience was wearing thin. After about an hour they were able to get 2-3 others officers up there and were able to get with one of the nearby Amish to open up a pasture and help corral them in.

After all was said and done the lady officer made the comment that she "REALLY" needed to go home and change. :killingme Of course the rest of the officers started getting on the radio laughing at her.

Last edited:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:lmao:
Jeff said:
:killingme Ok Understand. Very nice of you.

I have heard some rather funny issues on the scanner. Had one where multiple cows got out. Raining like heck. The police were busy and only disptached one officer. I forget her name but I have seen her around. Rather small lady. Somewhere up on the north end of the county if memory serves. Anyway. She was trying to deal with what sounded like 20 head. You could hear them in the background. Moooing rather loudly. She was by herself and was kinda laughing about it. But after about 20 minutes of dealing with them by herself her patience was wearing thin. After about an hour they were able to get 2-3 others officers up there and were able to get with one of the nearby Amish to open up a pasture and help corral them in.

After all was said and done the lady officer made the comment that she "REALLY" needed to go home and change. :killingme Of course the rest of the officers started getting on the radio laughing at her.