RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah, I bought the DVDs for my husbands birthday. This streaming stuff is the pits. Every time a new show comes out you have subscribe to another one.
I keep my subscriptions at a minimum. Netflix and YouTubeTV.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Binge watched this over New Year's. I thought it was great. Anyone else watch?
Just finally got to watch the last 3 episodes. Great story. I almost liked it more than Yellowstone itself. Wish there was a second season, but kinda hard when it ended the way it did. Currently 2 episodes into 1923 (or is it 22? idk.) Also looking pretty good.

LJ1999

Just finally got to watch the last 3 episodes. Great story. I almost liked it more than Yellowstone itself. Wish there was a second season, but kinda hard when it ended the way it did. Currently 2 episodes into 1923 (or is it 22? idk.) Also looking pretty good.
It has a much different feel from Yellowstone, I thought. But yeah, I liked it a little better too.

I have to see how we can go about watching 1923.

1stGenSMIB

I keep my subscriptions at a minimum. Netflix and YouTubeTV.
RR, Thanks again for turning me on to YouTubeTV. My mother in law is in town and she keeps clicking on the regular YouTube app :confused:, but other then that little glitch, it has happily replaced DirecTV. We still have a few other subscriptions we pay for, but we are about 1/3-1/2 what we paid for DirecTV and I am sure there are some subs I can get rid of. I like Tim McGraw & his wife Faith, so I enjoyed the early 1883's..haven't seen them all yet. I just finished binge watching ST TNG (you know back in the day when they did 26 episodes a season!), so it sook a while...but now I have some free time to catch up on newer stuff in my queue.
Sunset is at 5:01PM on Friday night, so it is not all doom and gloom..there is light at the end of winter TV soon!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
RR, Thanks again for turning me on to YouTubeTV. My mother in law is in town and she keeps clicking on the regular YouTube app :confused:, but other then that little glitch, it has happily replaced DirecTV. We still have a few other subscriptions we pay for, but we are about 1/3-1/2 what we paid for DirecTV and I am sure there are some subs I can get rid of. I like Tim McGraw & his wife Faith, so I enjoyed the early 1883's..haven't seen them all yet. I just finished binge watching ST TNG (you know back in the day when they did 26 episodes a season!), so it sook a while...but now I have some free time to catch up on newer stuff in my queue.
Sunset is at 5:01PM on Friday night, so it is not all doom and gloom..there is light at the end of winter TV soon!
You are very welcome! It does have most of the regular cable stations I used to watch, but for much less the cost. And I can't rave enough about the DVR feature! There are a few other apps out there that are mostly free, but have ads, and I can suffer through.

1stGenSMIB

You are very welcome! It does have most of the regular cable stations I used to watch, but for much less the cost. And I can't rave enough about the DVR feature! There are a few other apps out there that are mostly free, but have ads, and I can suffer through.
My wife loves the DVR. She is always sidetracked by her phone...I swing by and Bravo has been paused for hours! :rolleyes:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Binge watched this over New Year's. I thought it was great. Anyone else watch?
I finally watched it over the summer. OMG! So much great acting and a stellar cast! :clap: And Sam Elliott...well... :faint: :hot:

Paramount+ is going to repeat showing it and the first 5 seasons of Yellowstone starting this Friday at 1:00 pm. :yahoo:

LJ1999

Just finished 1923 last night. I liked it a lot as well. How did you like it?

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Just finished 1923 last night. I liked it a lot as well. How did you like it?
The capsized boat thing with Spencer and Alex was a bit far fetched but otherwise I just loved every bit of it and thoroughly look forward to the second and final season, likely at the tail end of this year.

LJ1999

The capsized boat thing with Spencer and Alex was a bit far fetched but otherwise I just loved every bit of it and thoroughly look forward to the second and final season, likely at the tail end of this year.
I couldn't believe when Spencer threw the guy over the ships side! I can't wait either

Homer J

Power Chord
The wife and I binged all of Game of Thrones over the holiday break. It was pretty great until the last two or three episodes. Kinda went off the rails there.