19 and Counting

littlelady

God bless the USA
Mmmm, I have a number of girlfriends with brothers within a year +- of them who would disagree. Not full blown sex, but petting and like that. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time.

Regardless, I think if the media is going to tell the story they should tell the whole story. If it were really ugly I'm sure they'd have said so because libtards hate the Duggars and their family values, not to mention their religious beliefs. So I have to believe it wasn't really all that. But I could be wrong.

I am the only girl and the oldest with younger brothers. This scenario never happened in my growing up. But, I am open to other opinions. I just don't find it normal. As you say, it could be trumped up, but whoever knows what to believe anymore as far as the news, and info goes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am the only girl and the oldest with younger brothers. This scenario never happened in my growing up. But, I am open to other opinions. I just don't find it normal. As you say, it could be trumped up, but whoever knows what to believe anymore as far as the news, and info goes.

Beats me. I was an only child so I had to search for beaus outside my home.

Midnightrider

Mmmm, I have a number of girlfriends with brothers within a year +- of them who would disagree. Not full blown sex, but petting and like that. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time.

Regardless, I think if the media is going to tell the story they should tell the whole story. If it were really ugly I'm sure they'd have said so because libtards hate the Duggars and their family values, not to mention their religious beliefs. So I have to believe it wasn't really all that. But I could be wrong.
That's absolutely NOT normal. Its called incest, and you crinkly had a problem with Dunham doing it.

Besides, this wasn't just playing doctor, it was also touching girls while they slept. That's sexual assault....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's absolutely NOT normal. Its called incest, and you crinkly had a problem with Dunham doing it.

Besides, this wasn't just playing doctor, it was also touching girls while they slept. That's sexual assault....

At least one of the encounters was consensual and reciprocated, according to the news stories.

Actually, I don't really care about Lena Dunham and her alternate reality. Both her and her sister, if she even has a sister, mean nothing to me. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy when it comes to what the media get worked up about, and subsequently try to work us up.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Having no brothers, or siblings in general, I was unsullied for a very long time. But friends of mine who had brothers roughly their own age assured me that fooling around wasn't outside the norm. Maybe it's a Nebraska thing.

Ummmmm.....wtf? :twitch:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ummmmm.....wtf? :twitch:

Boys peeping on their sisters and their sisters' friends is apparently common enough that you see it frequently in movies and TV shows. Why is everyone acting like this is completely unheard of? Boys are perverts at that age, they just are.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Why is everyone acting like this is completely unheard of?

I guess because for some of us it is, more or less, unheard of. It may be in movies, but I don't watch a lot of movies and don't recall ever seeing that. I do watch Game of Thrones, which portrays a blatant incestuous relationship that squiggs me out every time. As most here know, I'm fairly sex positive but I literally cringe and look away during those scenes.

And yeah, teen boys are horn dogs, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to think such behavior toward a sister is normal, and I sure as hell don't want to think it's common.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess because for some of us it is, more or less, unheard of. It may be in movies, but I don't watch a lot of movies and don't recall ever seeing that. I do watch Game of Thrones, which portrays a blatant incestuous relationship that squiggs me out every time. As most here know, I'm fairly sex positive but I literally cringe and look away during those scenes.

And yeah, teen boys are horn dogs, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to think such behavior toward a sister is normal, and I sure as hell don't want to think it's common.

GoT is gross and not what I'm talking about at all. Those are adults in a full blown sexual affair; I'm talking about fairly innocent teenage sexual behavior.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
GoT is gross and not what I'm talking about at all. Those are adults in a full blown sexual affair; I'm talking about fairly innocent teenage sexual behavior.

Yes, I understand what you're talking about. I mentioned Game of Thrones because that's the only incestuous type of thing I've seen in movies or TV.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, I understand what you're talking about. I mentioned Game of Thrones because that's the only incestuous type of thing I've seen in movies or TV.

I don't think it's really incest - what I'm talking about, not icky Game of Thrones - it's more curiosity and exploration. Siblings are just convenient because you have access to them.

Now the whole story might come out and Josh Duggar may indeed be a sexual predator, but so far that's not what I'm getting out of what's been reported. I think the anti-religious media is just looking for something to harp on, like they've been harping on these people since their show first hit the air.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

At least one of the encounters was consensual and reciprocated, according to the news stories.

Actually, I don't really care about Lena Dunham and her alternate reality. Both her and her sister, if she even has a sister, mean nothing to me. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy when it comes to what the media get worked up about, and subsequently try to work us up.
He also apparently had more than one where he touched a girl in her sleep. How many times would someone have to touch you in your sleep for you to think it is wrong? How many times would you let tat happen to our kid if you knew?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He also apparently had more than one where he touched a girl in her sleep. How many times would someone have to touch you in your sleep for you to think it is wrong? How many times would you let tat happen to our kid if you knew?

You're getting really worked up over a story with only partial details and much omitted. Why?

Midnightrider

You're getting really worked up over a story with only partial details and much omitted. Why?

I'm not 'worked up' over anything.

I notice you artfully dodged the question and deflected.....

So how many times would you allow someone to touch you or your daughter in your sleep before you would think it was a problem?